We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puri Santrian

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
146 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Puri Santrian

Can anyone tell me if there are restaurants and shops outside the Puri Santrian as we are travelling with young children and dont want to have to walk too far to eat or be getting in taxis all the time. Also do the old fashoined bemos where you sit on a bench in the back of a little truck still exist in Sanur ?

Thanks Roz

Gianyar
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Puri Santrian

It's all within walking distance.

There are no more bemos in Bali they're all ancient.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,935 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puri Santrian

yes there are plenty of restaurants etc. the green bemos are getting old but they still go. they cost between 1000rp to 3000rp per trip per adult depending on how far you go. apart from the restaurants on the main road if you walk out onto the sand there are warungs along the sand. mama putu has a warung on the sand near the mercure and also one on the beach front, may not look much but have had some cheap (safe ) meals. the juice is good and cheap. a short bemo ride to hardys supermarket will get you to where you can pick up snacks, drinks fruit etc. my daughter always gets a cheap ice block from the small food stall in there. lots of good restaurants in sanur now

england
Level Contributor
525 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puri Santrian

plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. i stayed at the Tandjung Sari hotel, beautiful place! i felt sorry for all the beachside restaurants though, when i was there most of them were empty at night - i think business is bad at the moment.

Perth Western...
Level Contributor
146 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puri Santrian

Thanks everyone - sounds like we will be ok for restaurants - I love the sound of the warungs on the beach - sad about the bemo's though- we stayed in Sanur 20 years ago and had great fun in them !

5. Re: Puri Santrian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sanur