We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Griya Santrian Hotel

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Griya Santrian Hotel

Going to Bali in March 2008 and want some advice on the most economical way to book the Griya. Have emailed the hotel direct but have not yet had a reply. The prices quoted on their own website seem higher than going through an agent so can you negotiate direct with the hotel ?.

Could anybody tell us what the weather pattern is for the period 6th March to the 24th.

Regards

Mervyn (UK)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Griya Santrian Hotel

In my experience it is definitely worth booking direct with the hotel and negotiating a good price - especially if you after one of the non - run of house rooms (deluxe /beach front / suite etc..) make sure your deal includes B/F tax etc too

I think you are probably too early to start negotiating with the hotel at this stage... I would leave it until a little later in the year you will get a better deal - March is traditionally a relatively quiet time in Bali (except for easter break ) so you should be okay.

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Griya Santrian Hotel

Have just come back from Griya (fantastic choice!) and we certainly got a better deal by booking with agent in UK (travelbag). Lots of free night offers etc if you book in advance. We were in the reception when a couple turned up and tried to negotiate a good price for a room and although it was still cheap it was double what we paid!

Go room only as good to give other places some buisness and breakfast the only meal that was too over priced. Loads of places open from 7am with in 2 min walk along beach.

Have fun!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Griya Santrian Hotel

Hi,

Glad to hear your trip was a success!

Breakfasts are always terribly overpriced in Hotels aren't they!

In my experience you will generally NEVER get a better deal negotiating face to face here ... (sorry wasn't suggesting that before) I always negotiate either by email or by phone with the hotel direct - I even do that living here... what I do if I am negotiating by phone is a ask for the best price (including B/F and tax) and when they give it to me tell them it is still too high and to talk about doing a better deal with their manager and to call me back if they can do better ... this gives them a bit of grace.

It pays to negotiate the entire stay rather than day by day with the hotel also as hotels are always looking for the longer staying guest... (walk in's at Griya always seem to pay almost double what I have negotiated for my friends via email especially if you are after the deluxe or suite rooms)

uk
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Griya Santrian Hotel

We have booked the same hotel for febuary 2007. we booked through jervis & hayes got a good deal 11 nights from manchester with free nights . we upgraded to deluxe room and got free breakfast

uk
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Griya Santrian Hotel

We have booked the same hotel for febuary 2008. we booked through jervis & hayes got a good deal 11 nights from manchester with free nights . we upgraded to deluxe room and got free breakfast

Mandurah
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Griya Santrian Hotel

Hello we are going back to bali this March but this time staying at the Bali Hyatt in Sanur.

We have stayed at the griya and WOUL NOT recommend that you book their standard garden rooms.

You need the Beach wing standard or the Superior at beach wing.

The garden rooms when we we there and still are we have been told are the PITS!!!!!

You can negotiate with the hotel direct but you must put on the email ATTENTION MISS ANCE she is the lady that can sort your room out for you.

The weather is great when you are going, you may get a shower but it always seems to come overnight. You will have to be quick in booking the griya as people from Australia fill thsee hotels in March as it is the cheapest time for us to go there. JUST make sure you ask for Beach wing and NOT GARDEN.

Hope this helps. Happy Holiday. Rita, Western Asuralia

7. Re: Griya Santrian Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 17, 2009