We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food and drink

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
744 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
food and drink

Hi i am thinking of going to Bali in a few months can anyone tell me

the price of food and drink and day to day living

Thanks

Wales
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: food and drink

All depends. Which area and whether you want to eat like a local or need luxury. You can spend £25 and more per person on fish easily in Jimbarran or 80p on a meal of stir fried cumi cumi (squid) in Lovina. If you are reasonably modest in your tastes and are prepared to eat more local dishes, you can get an evening meal for under £2.50 in Warungs in most of Bali although the trendier types of cafe it will be much more expensive. Soft drinks are cheap. Beer comes in 640 ml bottles and is 5% they cost a little over a quid although you may find happy hour deals as low as 60p or 70p.

Sanur has a mix of expensive and more resonable places to eat and drink. Lovina in the north is cheaper although its black sand beach is not for everyone.

Place a further query if you need more info

Wales
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: food and drink

Sorry forgot to mention wine is reasonably costly. Local made such as Hatten will cost about £4 to £4.50. Ausie wine is at least double depending which brand you buy.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
744 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food and drink

Thanks for that sounds good to me

London
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: food and drink

Hi Goginan,

As we are in Sanur in next few weeks

any reasonably priced restaurants you would recommend?

thanks a lot

Wales
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: food and drink

Map to help with location

mapsbali.com/areas/sanur1.php?map=sanur

Try these reasonable priced places all have good Bali food:

Pregina

Jl. Danau Tamblingan #106 (map4)

Ketut’s Warung (Blanjong Warung)

Jalan Danau Poso 78, Blanjong (map 6)

Warung Made's

Jl Danau Tamblingan #39 (map4)

Warung Agung

Jl Danau Tamblingan #97 (map4)

And if you want snacks and Jazz

Jazz Bar & Grille

Jln. Bypass Ngurah Rai

If you want the very best of Indonesian cuisine (at a price 80, 0000 per head up) take to a taxi to Kuta to Ketupat on Legian, it is truely superb. Not sure about this time of year but in July/August you must book a day ahead to be certain of a table.

Try balieats.com for international restaurants.

Wales
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: food and drink

I am sure you will have an excellent time in Bali, as I will in July.

Selamat Jalan

Selamat makan

7. Re: food and drink

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 02, 2009