We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

puri santrian sanur

Which Sanur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
derby
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
puri santrian sanur

visited this hotel and resort over 15years ago and loved it. Just booked to go again at Easter. Having read some reviews on here i am beginning to regret booking. Has anyone been here lately, any comments on the hotel and resort would be appreciated. Read reports saying the beaches are not great, is that true? Travelling with my son aged 10, is it suitable.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: puri santrian sanur

hi

the beaches are fine in sanur , as long as you stay away from the market area where you will be badgered to death by the stall holders to come look at therre stuff.

bali just keeps getting cleaner with every visit.

sanur beach is relatively a flat beach ( no waves )

cant comment on the hotel , sorry

cheers

batt

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: puri santrian sanur

Hi Mamabe,

The beach at Sanur is fine. The government recently spent about US$40m (don't quote me) restoring and upgrading the beachfront so its better than its ever been.

In my opinion, the only drawback to the Puri Santrian is that its too far south. The better shops and restaurants are situated from the Hyatt onwards. Having said that, there is a cafe "donalds" on the beach at the Santrian which is great. Similarly, the restaurant at the entrance to the hotel, "Mezzanine" is top class.

Fran

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,321 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: puri santrian sanur

I stayed in the Puri Santrian last October and I posted a review on here.

Sanur is great, lovely beaches, lots of restaurants, some excellent ones on the beach. Plenty of shops, easy to get around, good central location for exploring the rest of the island.

However, the Puri is on the "quiet" side of Sanur, personally I prefer northern Sanur, much more to see and do without being rowdy. Where the Puri is, it's just completely dead.

There are restaurants there, Donalds, which has one on the beach and one on Jalan Tamblingan outside the hotel is always busy. There are a couple of bars. I used to just get a bemo up to Hardys Department Store and wander up the street from there, doesn't cost much, so it's not the end of the world if you find the location quiet.

Looking back on the Puri, I felt it was impersonal because of the size, I prefer the boutique hotels which you can get for the same price in Sanur. Food was expensive (by Bali standards) as were the massages. You had certain people "reserving" their sunbeds around the pool which is really really irritating.

On the positive side, lovely pools, nice gardens and Balinese statues. Room was okay, but very scruffy bathroom. I've read lots of postive reviews from where people have stayed in the Club Rooms, so perhaps it's worth you spending a bit more and doing this? As with eveything else, this is purely subjective, and I know lots of people love the Puri, it was full when I was there.

If I was to stay in one of these hotels, I'd opt for the Griya Santrian which has a better location in Sanur.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
351 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: puri santrian sanur

Loved the Puri Santrian in Sanur a couple of years ago, scheduled to go back in a couple of weeks. The Mezzanine Resturant was great, realy close to town and othe restaurants, great pool bar with a happy hour . your son will love the pool.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: puri santrian sanur

The beach in Sanur is great these days and Puri Santrian has nice pools etc - I would upgrade your room if you are concerned the Club rooms are definately worth it - the standard rooms are a little bit grotty (as they are at Griya) Puri is down the quiet end of the beach... Griya is a better location.. you can always hire bikes or catch a cab or Bemo to the other end though.......the beach is reef protected and flat as a mill pond - If you want some surf action one day I suggest taking a Blue bird cab to 66 beach in Legian and hiring some sunchairs with umbrellas(approx 15,000 rp each) and having lunch at one of the beach cafes.... it's lots of fun! you can hire boogie boards too or even have a beginners surfing lesson...

Just for the record it was actually the Japanese government who have spent huge amounts of money rebuilding the beach as part of the war repatriation scheme (they first invaded Bali on Sanur beach during the war...) I have been coming to Sanur for 10 years (and now live there!) and it looks amazing these days compared to the state it was in before so the locals really look after it... it is clean and even raked every day!

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
428 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: puri santrian sanur

sounds great brigid.im visiting sanur puri santrian in september with wife for our 25th wedding anniversary.i cant wait.we booked the club rooms as everyone seemes to recommend them.

7. Re: puri santrian sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 22, 2009