We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paneeda View Beach Hotel - Sanur

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Paneeda View Beach Hotel - Sanur

Has anyone out there been to this hotel in Sanur? I stayed at the Bali Hyatt in Sanur in December 2006 and am returning in July for 3 weeks with a bunch of family. We'd like something a little smaller and cheaper... The Paneeda looked good on some of the websites I've been to but I'd like to make sure it's as good as it seems.

If there is nobody out there who knows anything about the Paneeda, any other feedback about beachfront (or close to beach) cottages or villas in Sanur would be appreciated.

Thanks

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paneeda View Beach Hotel - Sanur

Hi Karen,

I haven't stayed there, but we go there for breakfast because the restaurant overlooks the beach. It looks as good as the website.

They did a major renovation last year and did up all of the villas and bungalows.

Read this post about Sanur hotels and villas.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297700-i9509-k102…

Fran

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paneeda View Beach Hotel - Sanur

Hi Karen,

Read this post also:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297697-i9792-k103…

Fran

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paneeda View Beach Hotel - Sanur

Thanks Frangipani.

I'd actually seen the second post during my forum search and had seen the Paneeda View listed and then your suggestions. However, the Santrian has no rooms available (unless Balihotels.com was wrong), though I haven't checked the Respata yet. Also, my sister found one called the Desa Segara Village (or just Segara Village) which also looks nice, though a little far north for my tastes... Other than the beachfront, I'd be happy at the Sativa Cottages south of the Hyatt, which are perfectly nice and clean with a pretty garden and pool. I think the kids would prefer beachfront and more pools though.

Also, this last trip to Bali we didn't even bother going to Kuta or Legian (last time I was there was 1992 and it was wild) because we just don't want to have to mess with the hawkers and so forth. Has it changed for the better in the last 15 years? I'm a little worried that the two teenagers with us will be bored in Sanur, though they're only 14 and 16 so would need loads of supervision in Kuta, I imagine.

portsmouth
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Paneeda View Beach Hotel - Sanur

we have been to Sanur four times in the last three years and are going back in Oct we have stayed at the Mentari Sanur and found it to be a hidden gem (Check it out on expedia )

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paneeda View Beach Hotel - Sanur

Hi Karen,

It you are talking Puri Santrian, its a bit too far south for my liking. If the kids want the beach, then Paneeda isn't your best bet. The beach in front of the hotel is very narrow, almost disappears at high tide.

I agree with you about Kuta, we go into Kuta for the day and then give a huge sigh of relief when we are "home" at Sanur! Very few hawkers around the shops these days, however, they are just as bad as ever on the beaches.

The biggest nuisance these days in Kuta is the people trying to hoodwink you into buying into a time share unit. They ask you to do a survey, find out what hotel you are staying at and then you get a phone call telling you that you have won a holiday and they will send a car to pick you up so you can collect your prize which turns out to be an hour talk on the benefits of owning a time share unit at Nusa Dua!! If anyone ask you to take a survey, run a mile!!!!

Melbourne Victoria
Level Contributor
50 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paneeda View Beach Hotel - Sanur

If the beach at Paneeda View isn't good, can someone advise where the Sanur beach strip is "the best", relative to the beachfront hotels. Having a good beach (where swimming is a pleasure) is actually more importanttom my party than the proximity of shopping, bars etc, although nearby small eateries would be required. Thanks.

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paneeda View Beach Hotel - Sanur

Its only in front of Paneeda View that the beach is narrow. The Hyatt is just past the Paneeda and the beach is fine there. All of the hotels north of Laghawa Beach Inn also have a great beach.

mapsbali.com/areas/sanur1.php?map=sanur4

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paneeda View Beach Hotel - Sanur

Hi Cargill,

Just read your other post about travelling with elderly parents. The Paneeda is definitely out of the question because there is about a 6 foot drop off the footpath to the beach. Nearly all the other hotels on the beach have a level walk out onto the sand.

Melbourne Victoria
Level Contributor
50 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paneeda View Beach Hotel - Sanur

Thanks for your advice fran - very helpful. We are looking further up the beach! looking at Besakih now ... reviews seem uniformly good. Any comments? Also, we have looked at the Swastika - looks really suitable and note your previous comments about it. However can you advise if you have to cross a (busy) street to reach the beachfont - I am trying to avoid that for my parents. Cheers, Cargill.

Melbourne Victoria
Level Contributor
50 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paneeda View Beach Hotel - Sanur

This from a review about the Besakih:

"The beachfront at the Besakih is not the best swimming beach, but when high tide comes in, swimming is possible. The white sand is mixed with coral, so it's a little hard to walk in bare feet."

They then went on to talk about cathing a bemo to go to a swimming beach! Is someone able to advise where (if anywhere) the swimming is pleasant in Sanur - clean water, sandy bottom, no grass or weed or coral, no concrete walls.. and not just at high tide.

Is there anywhere in Sanur where the swimming is a real pleasure (and near which hotels). Any assistance appreciated - it is proving very difficult to get find this information ... and a swimming beach near the hotel is quite a priority (not just a sandy beach).

Is Sanur the right place at all - I have holidayed at Kuta many times - the beach (for tropical swimming) is very average indeed, as is Candi Dasa. Any comments? Cheers, Cargill.

Get answers to your questions about Sanur
Recent Conversations