We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP Bali Hyatt Honeymoon

Blackpool
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
HELP Bali Hyatt Honeymoon

Please help, I have BOOKED my honeymoon to Singapore for 4 nights and then Bali Hyatt for the remaining 10 nights. It has cost a lot of money and I spent a lot of time looking into this. I have now come across trip advisor and I am horrified of the dampness stories. I have booked the Regency Club Room upgrade but wondering if anybody can settle my nerves, I am on the phone at the minute asking my agent if there is any way we can change they were advertising this as a 5 * hotel. HELP PLEASE

indonesia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP Bali Hyatt Honeymoon

Hi....

I would like to give a bit comment about your planned of staying in bali in bali Hyatt.

first of all, Sanur area is very nice location and authentic for your honeymoon trip, plus Bali Hyatt is a nice place to be I think. Several times I met friends staying that hotel and their ratings are good and have never seen them unhappy after check out from the hotel.

quite luxury ! very clean ! nice and not to far to reach some beautiful restaurant !

enjoy your time.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP Bali Hyatt Honeymoon

Thanks, I am sure Sanur will be all we Imagine it to be. It is just the dampness of the rooms people are going on about which bothers me the most. Thank you for your kind words.

sydney
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP Bali Hyatt Honeymoon

Hi

Hope you re not going to change room more than one time .

Humid & dampt , its lovely hotel though.

cheers

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP Bali Hyatt Honeymoon

hi all

where in bali isnt it humid and damp ?

dampness comes with humidity as long as the walls arnt sweating , im sure it will be ok !

hahahaha

cheers

batt

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
710 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP Bali Hyatt Honeymoon

Have you considered staying in a villa?

More honeymoon-friendly.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP Bali Hyatt Honeymoon

hi clairegoodey,

I agree with batt, all over Indonesia, even south-east asia are damp and humid........ what should we do to avoid this unpleasant situation? especially on your very special moment, honeymoon! Congrats!

Here is the trick: ask your travel agent (if you book through them) to give you a room on 3rd or even 4th floor, never on the 1st. asked them to write it down on your vouchers!

Hotel is awesome! Enjoy!

rgds

Sydney
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP Bali Hyatt Honeymoon

We visit Bali each year and have stayed at the Hyatt for our last 6 visits. It is a fantastic hotel. The location and facilities such as the pools and spa are great. The staff are super friendly. On a practical note it is one of the older hotels in Bali but I would never describe the rooms as damp. Bali is humid and muggy and it is essential that the air conditioning is on in the rooms or yes any room will get condensation. The room is made up twice a day at the Hyatt and the floors in the room are tiled. I think if you are going for relaxation, great location, fabulous spa then the Hyatt is perfect. It does not have full marble bathrooms but this is a small give for lots of get.

We have stayed at a number of other places in Bali including the Intercontinental, Le Meridian and Waka but we always go back to the Hyatt. We will be there again in May this year!

Sanur has great places for eating including Mezzanine, The Village and Lumut. It is 20 mins and a few bucks to Legian and Seminyak where you should go to Ku De Ta and other great eateries if only to see the contrasts Bali has to offer.

Enjoy your honeymoon and stay at the Hyatt!

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP Bali Hyatt Honeymoon

Claire,

Hi this is Duncan from Sydney Australia. I suggest that you don't get carried away with the "dampness". We have been going to Bali Hyat for the past six years approx, every easter, and we generally now stay in Regency. Bali Hyatt is terrific. This "mustiness" is a problem with the tropics generally. I must say we haven't really noticed it. Maybe occasionally when the rooms haven't been opened for a while it might be bit musty, but these reviews saying how musty it is are ALL over the top.

email us if you have more queries jennyt@bigpond.net.au

You will have a GREAT honeymoon.

Duncan.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP Bali Hyatt Honeymoon

I have just logged back in and definatley feel a lot better now reading all of your great comments, very interesting the view on Bail being damp generally. This does explain a lot. Thank you for the tips for restaurants, I love food and can not wait to try these restaurants.

Worthing, West...
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP Bali Hyatt Honeymoon

Hi

I'm also going the Bali Hyatt as part of my honeymoon and I took a lot of time booking all my hotels- we are visiting quite a few places and was a little dissapointed when I saw the reviews but we have to remember that there are some fantastic reviews as well and I know it's our honeymoon(lol) I certainly wont be spending all my time in teh room when we are in such wonderful part of the world. I cant wait now! Roll on November