We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nusa Dua or Sanur

Which Nusa Dua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Nusa Dua or Sanur

Hello fellow Bali lovers

My family and I are planning a holiday in June. We were about to book the Sengara in Sanur but just bumped into friends (who go to Bali at least twice a year!) who couldn't talk enough of The Conrad in Nusa Dua. Now I'm confused! We have a 6.5 year old boy and a 2.5 girl who love the water. We are more than happy to dine in the resort but would like the option of other restaurants outside.

I would love your opinion on the difference between these 2 areas. Saying that I know that a taxi can get you from either very quickly.

Thanks for your time.

Michelle

1. Re: Nusa Dua or Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:04 pm, April 13, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nusa Dua or Sanur

Hi Michelle

The Conrad, Nusa Dua was nice. Huge pool! But not much in the way of outside eateries & overall quite a boring area. We couldn't wait to get leave & we will not return.

Loved Sanur! A lot of outside eateries all within walking distance & an active area. We can't wait to go back! Please don't hesitate to book your resort at Sanur :)

Edited: 3:37 am, March 09, 2014
Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nusa Dua or Sanur

Sanur would be your best option. But if you have enough time then have a couple of days in Nusa Dua.

Sanur is excellent for families with so much to walk to in the way of local restaurants, shops, spas, water sports, push bike riding and lots more. (there are bikes for children and also child seats for adult bikes).

Segara is a good choice.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
318 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nusa Dua or Sanur

We spent time at the Hyatt in Sanur and The Conrad Nusa Dua on our last trip. Of the two places Sanur wins hands down. We loved wandering along the beach path, sitting under beautiful large trees with out feet in the sand at the many restaurants along the beach path. We were a little underwhelmed by the beach front at The Conrad and found that we needed transport to take us out to restaurants and shopping. If you do decide on Nusa Dua have a look at The Grand Hyatt. The beach front is awesome and you can walk to Bali Collections for meals and shopping. There is a free shuttle bus that collects you from The Conrad to Bali collections but we found this to be over crowded by the time it got to the hotel. The one positive I found staying at the Conrad at the end of our holiday is that they have a lounge area set up for you to use after checking out that has great facilities such as shower rooms, comfortable lounges, tea and coffe making facilities so you don't have to pay for another days accomodation if you have a late flight. We cannot wait for our next trip with the bulk of our time to be spent in Sanur.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nusa Dua or Sanur

Thank you so much for responding and I'm so glad you did as we were about to book The Conrad this week but from your messages we are going for the Segara. Can't wait, so excited!!

6. Re: Nusa Dua or Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, March 11, 2015