We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments on Itinerary, first trip to Bali

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
86 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Comments on Itinerary, first trip to Bali

Hi

We are couple, going to visit Bali in the second week of Feb.

Following is how it looks like as of now:

Day 1 - > Land @ Denpasar, Bali in the afternoon. Head straight to Sanur

Day 2 -> In Sanur itself. Some time in Kuta during the day through Taxi or Bluebird

Day 3 & 4 -> Head to Nusa Lembongan for the beach experience

Day 5,6 & 7 -> In Ubud covering the Bali Architecture through day trips, Mt. Batur Trek, Places like Bird Park and long walks in Ubud Downtown.

Does this look doable, are we missing something??

How is the weather in Feb, are we taking a big chance spending 2 days in Nusa Lembongan. If it rains heavily, there may be nothing to do there?

Thanks a ton

London
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comments on Itinerary, first trip to Bali

I think it's doable. If you're coming back from Lembongan on Day 5 and transferring straight to Ubud, that will probably be the best day for your walks around Ubud downtown and that would also be a good time to organise your driver for your full day trip (early start) to hike Batur.

So, Day 6 you would be out for the whole day in Kintamani and Day 7 you'd be transferring back to the airport?

If you have an afternoon flight, you could maybe spend a couple of hours at the Bird Park between checking out of your hotel and checking in for your flight?

On Day 2, you might want to pop up to Tanah Lot (temple in the sea) or Uluwatu, as well as Kuta?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
86 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comments on Itinerary, first trip to Bali

Thanks, your advice sounds pretty good.

I dont have much idea about Kintamani, could you tell what all can be done there?

About Day 7 : We have the whole day to ourselves, our flight is actually on Day 8 @ 1 AM. Hence, we shall be visiting Bird Park and few other locations around Ubud.

About Tanah Lot - I was thinking of covering most temples as return trip from Ubud but since it will be closer from Sanur, I will cover it on day 2 itself.

Given this, Should we consider staying Day 2 night in Kuta itself instead of Sanur, Even night life is better at Kuta?

London
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comments on Itinerary, first trip to Bali

By Kintamani, I was referring to your Batur hike (Kintamani encompasses the general area). Sightseeing around the top of the volcano is mainly about admiring the views of the lake and the mountain inside the moutain. There is a very nice temple on the western side of the caldera (can't remember the name), but it has a LOT of steep stone steps and you'll probably have had enough of climbing after your early start and your mountain hike.

You could perhaps get your driver to take you back to Ubud past some nice rice terraces or maybe Pura Kehen (some pix here: http://wp.me/p3ALYR-5z). Or, depending on what time you finish your trek, maybe hook over to the Gianyar night markets? They're open from around 5pm. I would play it by ear and wait and see how tired you feel after the hike.

There will be things to do in Ubud as well, try to get to at least one dance - Barong, Legong, Kecak... they're all quite unique and beautiful to watch. You'll find dances on in different venues in Ubud pretty much every night of the week. There are always ticket sellers at the main crossroads. One of the nicest venues is the Pura Dalem, it's outdoor so take lots of mosquito repellent.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
127 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comments on Itinerary, first trip to Bali

Tip: don't book your climb of Mt Batur until you get here as the raining season has started in full force and the Lake has already risen considerably due to rains lasting 3 days. The morning fog means no sunrise at the moment. But, weather can change so just book at the last minute. Note - February is the high wind season up here and March is the landslide season. Your friendly guide will tell you it is always safe, that is the Optimistic Balinese; and check your travel insurance to make sure you are covered.

5. Re: Comments on Itinerary, first trip to Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 12, 2015