We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place to Stay in Bali

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place to Stay in Bali

I am going to Bali from 27/12-07/01. We have been before and stayed at Kuta. For the first half we will stay in Sanur.

I am in two minds about what other place to stay as I dont want to just stay in one place.

I was looking Nusa Dua but have seen mixed reviews.

Would like to stay somewhere relaxing, nice clean beaches. Cheapish but nice accommodation, would like a private pool if within price range. Want somewhere with shopping and bars, nice food. But dont want pushy vendors like Kuta. I would stay from the 02/01-07/01.

Very picky I know.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place to Stay in Bali

Can you give your price range. Remember that the beaches at this time are very churned up and much rubbish washes up onto the sand, so a villa with a private pool will probably suit more.There are many in Seminyak and that is not as pushy or crowded as Kuta although you are going to be there in peak time so you can expect a lot of people there. Nusa Dua can be great if you just want to relax, but you will have to travel for shopping and bars. Because traffic is so bad at this time, I would suggest staying where you can walk to most places.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place to Stay in Bali

Thansk for the reply. I would be willing to spend between $600-$1000 AUD for this period. I know its peak season so I will be paying more. Would like the cheaper the better. Seminyak sounds good. Would be happy to stay in Nusa Dua if within walking distance like you said. Thanks for your help

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place to Stay in Bali

If you are going to Sanur - you can do all your market shopping etc or the quick visit to Kuta to shop, so that when you get to Nusa Dua you can just relax. Tanjung Benoa is worth a look at to - its on the same beach, and has the shops, cafes bars etc out on the street, whereas most hotels in Nusa Dua are a bit remote from places to eat and shop. A short shuttle or taxi ride away, but not easy if you want to run across the rd and buy something.

Seattle...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place to Stay in Bali

You might consider Candi Dasa or perhaps Padangbai, both on the east coast. There's a plethora of resorts as well as smaller establishments, restaurants and excellent warungs all reasonably priced. This part of the island is an good location to setoff explorations into the Balinese interior or up around Amalapura to the more arid but fascinating northern coast and the historic Singaraja. From Padangbai there's ferry service to Lombok and a completely different culture, beat and tempo.

Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Place to Stay in Bali

If hotels in nusa dua are in your price range I would recommend it by far!!

Novotel nusa dua was amazing. Wotif have good "mystery deals"on ATM for Conrad bali.

Ubud, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Place to Stay in Bali

Rachel . Ubud is good place to go, Accomodation start from $30 - $1000, there are a lot of green place, good for walk, there are a lot art shop, and many more

7. Re: Best Place to Stay in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 18, 2014