We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My fabulous Bali pedicure - perfect after almost 4 weeks

Which Nusa Dua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
My fabulous Bali pedicure - perfect after almost 4 weeks

I'm still working on completing my JBRs but just wanted to share the news about my fabulous pedicure. I had it done on Friday 4 May, and now, after 24 days, it is still perfect! Every time I look down at my beautiful toes I am transported back to my wonderful Bali spa experience. It is the best 45,000Rp I ever spent on a pedi.

The place I had it done was Inggrith Spa and Salon in Nusa Dua. I went there on the recommendation of TA contributor Amy Lou, and was not disappointed. I have asked TA to add it so that I can write a proper review, but in the meantime I thought I'd post the details here.

The spa is located outside the Nusa Dua compound on Jalan Nusa Dua Selatan (No. 88). It is just down from the Grand Bali Hotel, and a few steps outside the back gate of the Novotel Nusa Dua. It is in a newish building, fully airconditioned and spotlessly clean. The decor is basic but not dingy - all equipment is comfortable and in excellent condition. It doesn't have the lush ambience of the more expensive spas, but the service is just as good. There are 6 new pedi chairs, a clean toilet and shower, and lots of private massage cubicles. The products used are local, but decent quality; and all the staff are very well-trained, thorough, and friendly.

I had a fish foot spa (70K), foot massage (55K), pedicure (45K), manicure (40K), cream bath with proper blow-dry (60K), full body massage (65K) and facial (60K). I selected 2 packages which covered all of the above (except for the fish spa) for a cheaper price than paying for each one individually. I think I ended up paying just under 350K for the lot (over 6 hours total). I tipped generously and left walking on air.

For the pedicure I provided my own OPI polish (I always do) but the spa provided the undercoat and top coat. The service provided by Ketut was meticulous... she worked on my toes untll they were 100% perfect. I wore sandals home, and for my last 3 days in Bali. Since then I've been wearing runners, boots and dress shoes. I normally wreck a pedicure within about a week, but this one has stood up to some pretty hard battering for over 3 weeks and still looks perfect. I have never had a pedicure anywhere in the world that has lasted so long and so perfectly.

The spa is in a bit of an out-of-the-way place so doesn't get a lot of foot traffic. This means that appointments aren't necessary - just wander in and one of the girls will be available to help you. It would be a perfect location for a group spa experience, but obviously bookings would be recommended for this. The location is within about a 5 minute cab ride from the main Nusa Dua hotels, 10 minutes from Tanjung Benoa, 15 minutes from Jimbaran, and 25-30 minutes from Kuta (depending on traffic). The lovely receptionist is Efni and the ladies who pampered me were Budi (foot massage), Ketut (mani, pedi and creambath) and Wayan (facial and full body massage).

I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to provide a phone number and email address in the forum, but I have both if anyone would like them. I have no financial or other interest in this spa: I'm writing this purely as a very satisfied customer.

Thanks for the tip, Amy Lou!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My fabulous Bali pedicure - perfect after almost 4 weeks

How lovely for you to still have your beautiful toenails.

I wonder how much longer they will last.

I remember reading some time ago, someone had been home 10 weeks and they were still good.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My fabulous Bali pedicure - perfect after almost 4 weeks

Mine are still looking good after two weeks,and the skin on my feet are still so soft and smooth.

The Balinese sure know how to do a good pedicure.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
508 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My fabulous Bali pedicure - perfect after almost 4 weeks

How far from Sanur Ellebana? I'm very interested if its not too far, otherwise I'll find something closer.

All of it sounds like heaven, I've never had any massages (feet or full body), or treated myself to that kind of thing. Well this Bali trip going be different :))

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
301 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My fabulous Bali pedicure - perfect after almost 4 weeks

Well how about this on hubby got his feet done back in October 2011 and he still had flowers on them . Yes I said hubby it was done as a joke as the girls kept saying do you flowers so he said yes why not and if it was not for him cutting his toe nails he would still have all of the flower he now has about half of the flower left and his where done at Jennifers in Poppies 1.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
124 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My fabulous Bali pedicure - perfect after almost 4 weeks

hi, can you tell me what a fish pedicure is? I am curious

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My fabulous Bali pedicure - perfect after almost 4 weeks

Last night I had to remove my polish after 3 weeks, sad moment

Lisa

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My fabulous Bali pedicure - perfect after almost 4 weeks

Hi Eileen. A fish pedicure involves a tank filled with small fish that nibble old and dead skin off feet and ankles. The tank sits on the ground and the customer sits on a padded bench, dangling their feet inside. The water usually comes to about calf height and you have to keep your feet off the bottom of the tank so the fish can nibble everywhere. It's a ticklish feeling, not painful at all. The tank I used was immaculately clean - I've seen others in Bali that I wouldn't put my feet in. There are many salons offering fish spas all over southern Bali.

Lisa - I felt that way when I took my fingernail polish off. Feet are still going strong though!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My fabulous Bali pedicure - perfect after almost 4 weeks

Was the spa hard to find (thank you for the precise location details though!) - I'm pathetic with directions.

Thanks for the details - must remember it for next time!!

Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My fabulous Bali pedicure - perfect after almost 4 weeks

Hi Beedzu, if you get to the Grand Bali hotel or the Circle K at the back gate of the Novotel, the spa is a few metres away. Pretty easy to find, and well worth the effort.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My fabulous Bali pedicure - perfect after almost 4 weeks

Thanks Ellebana - will definitely remember! I also bring my own OPI polish. I probably won't go for the entire day, I'd pass out from relaxation and miss half the experience of the spa itself!