We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single traveller in Bali

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Single traveller in Bali

Hi, i am planning to go abroad in June and Bali is on the shortlist. What would be the best resort for a single female to base herself? Am used to travelling alone so this will not be my first trip - just want a very good standard hotel where I can chill out and have good food/drink. Any ideas very welcome you guys!

melbourne, australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single traveller in Bali

Depends on your budget. The standards vary quiet alot. I personally would avoid staying in Kuta. I fly out for my 3rd trip to bali later this month. Check out the Melasti Beach Resort. I am staying there this time around and have had a number of other friends stay there who recommended it. Is very very reasonably priced. if $$ is not an issue, check out the Bali Padma.

Melbourne
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Single traveller in Bali

When we were in Bali last June, we stayed at a hotel called the Kuta Lagoon Resort (you might want to take a look at their website: http://www.kutalagoonresort.com). I'm not sure why they called it the Kuta Lagoon Resort, as it's really in Legian (I believe it used to be called the Legian Village). It's clean, comfortable, and lies just off a main road, with lots of shops,restaurants and bars within walking distance. Taxis drive by every few minutes, if you want to go further afield. The food is good, and their spa's prices are affordable.

For around $60 Aus a night, we had a pool access room and full buffet breakfast thrown in for good measure. If you don't want to be able to climb directly into the pool from your room - which is my idea of bliss - rooms cost substantially less.

In a few days I'm about to take my 17th trip to Bali, and although we won't be staying there this time, I'd certainly consider it if I were to go on my own - very friendly, lots of chats with the staff and other guests. I've been to Bali on my own numerous times, and have felt quite lonely at times. I doubt that I'd ever feel lonely there!

I believe it's very popular, so if you do decide to stay there, book the room you want well in advance.

Cheers!

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single traveller in Bali

Hi,

You might want to try the Legian - personally , I find that quite nice for female travellers - single or group and it's actually an overrun of Kuta, but hasn't got to the extent of Kuta yet. You can also get excellent food in Seminyak.

Alternatively, there's the Mecure at Kuta, The Oasis, Harris, etc...you will be spoilt for choice. It's very easy to do walk-ins in those areas....

Check tou these sites:

www.balihotels.com

www.baliexperience.com

www.asiahotels.com

www.marimari.com

www.asiabesthotel.com

Good luck!

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single traveller in Bali

Hi,

You might want to try staying in Legian - the area.

Personally , I find that quite nice for female travellers - single or group and it's actually an overrun of Kuta, but hasn't got to the extent of Kuta yet. You can also get excellent food in Seminyak.

If you want to stay in Seminyak, there' The Oberoi, The Legian, Sofitel.

Alternatively (and cheaper), there's the Mecure at Kuta, The Oasis, Harris, etc...you will be spoilt for choice. It's very easy to do walk-ins in those areas....

Check out these sites:

www.balihotels.com

www.baliexperience.com

www.asiahotels.com

www.marimari.com

www.asiabesthotel.com

Good luck!

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single traveller in Bali

Thanks guys that is great! I have looked at the Legian and reckon it looks great. i am not too bothered about the pounds (ie money not weight - that i am always v bothered about!!)

Half of me wants to have the bali experience and half wants complete luxury - i never said i wasn't complicated!

I saw a great site for 1 night = the Bale?

I am just so looking forward to chillin out.

Thinking of beach and then Ubud - what do you think?

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Single traveller in Bali

Hi,

Good idea about the beach and Ubud. You have the the best of both worlds as both the experiences will be very different.

I have never stayed at The Bale, but it does look gorgeous. doesn't it? I have stayed at their sister resort in Cambodia and the service is very good.

The Bale, is however, quieter and not very near the nightlife scene - if that's part of what you're looking for. The Legian's location is better for a Single Traveller, as it might not be so "boring"; unless of course, you just want to chill out.

If you want that kind of luxury, you can try a villa in Seminyak/Legian.

e.g. www.villakubu.com

You also have your private pool and you're not very far off from the action.

here are some other sites to try:

www.balivilla.com

www.balivillas.com

www.villasinbali.com

www.baliexperience.com

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Single traveller in Bali

Hi Jade Du

Thanks so much for your advice - every day i change my mind about whether i want complete chill or a bit of life - it always depends on the day i have had at work!! After today driving for 4 hours in the pouring rain anywhere outside of the uk will be heaven!

Will check out the sites you suggest and get my mind in gear - June is looming.

Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Single traveller in Bali

My husband and I honeymooned at the Bale' this past November. Absolutely stunning resort with impeccable service. I would agree that not much to do for single traveler. Very quiet at night. We loved our stay there though. We stayed at both the Bale' and the Legian. More nightlife and things to do at the Legian.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Single traveller in Bali

Thanks Excitedforpr.

I am in 2 minds as always, think I would like the chill factor of Bale but reckon only for 1 or 2 nights. Like the sound of the Legian- will check out the cost etc.

Guys any ideas on airlines - good/bad experiences?

Thanks as always

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Single traveller in Bali

Hi!

Which airline companies are you looking at? Can you fly direct from the UK or do you have to stopover/transit somewhere? Or are you visiting another country/city apart from Bali?