We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nusa Dua is the best option - epicurean is

Which Nusa Dua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
Level Contributor
129 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Nusa Dua is the best option - epicurean is

talking nonsense re kids... The Kuta Legan experience is one of hippies, grey dirty beaches, very suspevt sewage control in the ocean and wall to wall hawkers,.

As sf_drkeith said "We wished we had stayed there the last week too because it was easy and cheap to take a cab over to Jimbaran & Kuta".

The number of times I have been languishing in Kuta/Tuban/Legian thinking WHY did I do this. Usually the choices involved surfing kids, partying teenagers etc.

You can take cheap cabs to party or to enjoy a sunset or two..

As far as the accommodation goes, just make sure you get the best you can afford.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
710 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nusa Dua is the best option - epicurean is

No, Nusa Dua is AN option, and you are entitled to your opinion, as am I.

I do not stay in Legian/Kuta, prefering Seminyak which seems to be missing a hippy population, but that is beside the point.

As you started a new 'string' I am not sure what the initial question was, but if it related to kids, I might have said that Nusa Dua during school holidays can be a bit of a nightmare if you are looking for peace and quiet. I can say this with some experience after 20 years of staying in the Nusa Dua hotels.

Hawkers are just part of Bali, and I do not find this onerous, but then again, each to their own.

cheers.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nusa Dua is the best option - epicurean is

kkbelle,

I really don't think that you can lump Seminyak into the same area as Kuta/ Tuban/ Legian. (especially Tuban and Kuta they are poles apart from Seminyak as social environments!)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nusa Dua is the best option - epicurean is

If you do not like the so called hippies, beaches and the hawkers it's easy, don't go to Bali.

4. Re: Nusa Dua is the best option - epicurean is

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Nusa Dua