We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Benoa or bali tropic?

Which Nusa Dua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Benoa or bali tropic?

I am planning on vistinf Bali in Sept this year for my honeymoon.

There are so many wonderful hotels and great reviews I am at a loss on what to do!!

Bali Tropic does look great and the price is unbelievably great but I'm worried about things to do in evening.

Are we close to restaurants (even though it AI we want to eat out more than in) and bars. if not then how cheap & safe are the taxis to nearest areas.

The other option is to got Melia Benoa which again is AI but is this just same as above??

The other choice is to go room only and eat out all the time, just worried what the cost will be mainly on alcohol (not that I'm a raving alcoholic or anything but on my honeymoon I want a cocktail or 6!!) if we do go AI this would be covered??

So many choices!! If anyone has come back recently please shed some light on surrounding areas and restaurants, bars, things to do, everything really!! Thanks

Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Benoa or bali tropic?

Hi,

I haven't stayed at either of those Hotels, but have stayed at Benoa, at the Aston Bali. We are going again in September our friends are staying at Kind Villa Bintang and we are trying Ramada Resort.

As for the restaurants there are heaps in Benoa (we tried a different one every night). The prices are unbelievably cheap, much cheaper than the Hotel Prices.

Have you considered the Bali Club Mirage which offers an all inclusive price (3 meals per day + beverages), I suppose the only trouble is you are a bit tied then.

Also most Hotels offer free service to Kuta, as there are some wonderful restaurants there.Try looking at Asiarooms.com

Hope this helps

Have a lovely Honeymoon

uk
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Benoa or bali tropic?

Hi,

i am going to ramada in two weeks so will post a report when i get back.

We normally do all incluxive , but the prices in bali are cheap so we thought we would just go room only

will let you know how we go, and any tips on reataurants etc.

3. Re: Melia Benoa or bali tropic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, September 03, 2009