We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from melia Benoa if you have any questions?

Which Nusa Dua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Back from melia Benoa if you have any questions?

We are back and had a fabulous time here. Everything was faultless, I will post a review later but it may take time as there are pics attached.

Very satisfied with this hotel, grounds,surrounding area, the friendliest people ever. The beach is nice but not the prettiest I have seen although we came to love it over the 2 weeks we were there.

The atmosphere is magical, full or insence, temples and frangipani.....I cant fault it and have no hesitation in recommending it.........I would certainly return. xxxxx

Essex, England
Level Contributor
537 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from melia Benoa if you have any questions?

Hi Solitaire 1

Can you let us know when you have posted your full review. We are due to go to the Melia Benoa in October and after such a fabulos time in Thailand in Novmeber was a bit doubtful if we would llike Bali as much but from the reviews that have been here I am sure we will. Did you do any trips from the hotel.

Would love to see some pictures if you have any.

Many thanks

Brookster

Essex, England
Level Contributor
537 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from melia Benoa if you have any questions?

PS: Sorry about the typing errors - I can spell really!

Brookster

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from melia Benoa if you have any questions?

Hi Brookster,

I have posted my review 2 days ago but it takes a while when there are pictures

I have not been to Thailand so I can't comment on the differences you will find.

Yes we did do a trip which was called the volcano trail...it was really good as we seemed to cover most of the things that people do in half day trips in one day. The views are terrific, this trip was well worth it. We had our own personal guide called Suweda and he is available if you want a good knowledgeable guide whilst you are in Bali. I can pass his details on to you if you wish.

The balinese people are so welcoming and friendly and the culture stays with you when you return home.

It is worth going to Jimbaran beach one evening to watch the sunset, you can get a taxi at the hotel around 6:45 and it takes 15 minutes so you can be seated at a table on the beach with your cocktail ready for sunset at 6:15. We went to Matahari which seems to be the favourite and the hotel and taxi drivers recommend.

There are many restaurants along the beach but at this one you choose your seafood from the entrance to the restaurant...we had some absolutely huge king prawns and it was a great evening. The taxi driver will wait for you and take you back to the hotel when you are ready.

Any more questions please ask..

North Wales/Chester
Level Contributor
583 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from melia Benoa if you have any questions?

Hi Solitaire1,

we are both back! Glad you had a great time,are you submitting a just back report? I wrote mine yesterday it is on the main Bali forum. Isnt it magical?It is the first place we have gone to that we want to go back asap,we will probably return next year.So much to see and do.

Amanda xx

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from melia Benoa if you have any questions?

Yes a truly magical place....I can't seem to describe how beautiful it is to my family since my return, the only way for anyone to truly know is to experience Bali for themselves.

I have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone and we too can't wait to return.

UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from melia Benoa if you have any questions?

Hi,

We are going to Melia Benoa in June. Could you let me know if it near the local town as we are on a room only basis so would like to eat out in the evenings?

Also did you have any injections before going?

Thanks

Dawn

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from melia Benoa if you have any questions?

Hello,

No we didn't have any injections and didn't meet anyone who had...I don't think it is vital ,really depends on how you feel about it yourself.

You can walk out of the hotel to the right (if going roadside) and find restaurants, which we didn't try, or of course there are the other hotels. Some guests of the hotel went out a few times to a restaurant called Mai Mai which they said was fantastic. You ring the restaurant or get the concierge to ring them for you and they will pick you up for free and bring you back.. Most of the local restaurants do this and you can probably get details from the concierge desk.

Or you can get a taxi which are all relatively cheap and go to Jimbaran which is 15 minutes away and packed with seafood restaurants or go to Kuta about 20/25 minutes away which is the capital and many choices here.

UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from melia Benoa if you have any questions?

Thanks for your help.

Glad I don't have to have injections as petrified of them!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from melia Benoa if you have any questions?

I'm heading to melia Benoa in September for my honeymoon. Can't wait!!

As you just got back could you tell what the meal prices are like outside hotel and alcholoic drinks prices.

We don't plan on staying in the hotel every night and want to venture further a field, one of things i haven't seen is the prices in restaurants, etc.

Do they have many bars that we could go to?

thanks

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from melia Benoa if you have any questions?

Well we went to Planet Hollywood one evening and both had cheesburger with fries and 2 long Island iced teas plus 2 other cocktails all for £20.

Also went to Jimbaran which is 15 minutes from the hotel and had the seafood which comes with rice.....we had between us, 5 giant king prawns (& they were giant!) crab and some mussels and 2 giant bottles of Bintang beer which is the local beer all for £30.

There are bars outside but we didn't try these but you have plenty of choice and an evening out wont set you back too much as the taxi's are cheap also.....a couple of pound each way more or less.