We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ubud

ock
usa
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Ubud

O.K drinks on when I finally get to Ubud for all the Local Experts. Now, staying at the CSE for 3 nights. That is a done deal. I also was thinking spending two other nights somewhere in UBUD. I do have the Rough guide but want some opinions about distances and redudancy. If I stay at Chedi,Ibah or RPM am I staying right next door to CSE. The only one I know that is in the Center of town is Ibah are the others. I am leaning towards Ibah. I know I cannot lose with these choice I am just trying to avert the redundacy.

Still trying to figure out upon arrival if we should stay in Jimbaron(intercontinental) or Nusa Dua(sheraton). I know the pluses and minus's of both from you guys. I guess we could do both. Are they both pretty equidistant to Seminyak 4 dinner. Seems Nusa has the advantage of solid snorkeling .

Thanks Again.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ubud

Hi,

Am still trying to figure out what CSE stands for. if it's the Como Shambala Estate, then Ibah and RPM are in a totally different location. I can't help you out about the Chedi though.

Ibah is near the centre of town, but not directly in teh centre. it's lovely and is very different from CSE (if my CSE is the same as your CSE! :-P)

I don't know what you mean by solid snorkelling because while I have heard that there is snorkeling at Nusa Dua, it's nearer Tanjung Benoa and I don't know how good it is. Nusa Dua is also not known for it's snorkelling.....hm....

In Bali, I have snorkelled in Amed, Menjangan Island, Tulamben, Blue Lagoon/Padangbai, Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Penida, etc (I haven't snorkelled at Nusa Dua though!!!) and I have to say that Menjangan is the nicest. However, since you'll be in the south and if you are serious snorkellers, then I would suggest that you take a trip to Nusa Lembongan.

Hope this helps.

Bali
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ubud

jade du : I'm pretty sure that CSE stands for Como Shambala Estate and RPM for Royal Pita Maha. The Chedi Club is also in totally different location, it's near Elephan Cave ( Goa Gajah )....

You can't smorkel in Nusa Dua, they'll take you to Serangan ISland for snorkelling from Tanjung Benoa.

Solid snorkelling is as jade du mentioned is better at Lembongan Isaland as well as North Coast.

Jimbaran and Nusa Dua to Seminyak will be only 15 minutes different by car.

Hope this helps

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ubud

Yeah, I wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming. I just think that there are many people out there reading this post who may not have inkling at all to what RPM, CSE stand for, etc and it does not help anyone else out there but may make them more confused.....

ock
usa
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ubud

Thanks Guys. Yes CSE stands for Como Shambala Estate. My bad. So Ibah as well as Kajane Mua are centrally located. I just wanted to walk and explore the local artisans works on the side streets versus the major galleries.

Thanks

5. Re: Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 23, 2009