We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali in October

Calgary
2 posts
Save Topic
Bali in October

Hello all, My girlfriend and I (2 single girls in our late 20's from Canada) are thinking of setting up a trip to Bali for Mid-October. I know that in 2002 and 2005 a bombing has happened in Bali during October. How has Bali recovered since? Is October very quite during this period? We are thinking of staying at either Kartika Palace in Kuta or Padma Hotel in Legian which would you recommend in terms of being able to meet other travellers? Any other tips and suggestions would be great. Oh and we are looking at staying in Bali for a week and then heading to Lombok for 5 days and staying at the Sheraton Senggigi. Thank you!

sydney
Level Contributor
164 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Bali in October

Hi there, I go to Bali every year, usually June/ July, and have stayed at Kartika Plaza for the last 3 trips. It's a lovely hotel right on the beachfront, fantastic staff and amenities. To walk into Kuta would take at the most 5 minutes, it is close to lots of good restaurants and right next door to Discovery Shopping Mall, which is great. I would recommend it thoroughly, always feel very safe there.

Toronto
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Bali in October

Bali is by far my most favourite place in the world. I tavelled there in June while I was backpacking my way through south east asia for 2 months. I was with another girlfriend and she unexpectadly decided to go back to Canada early. I was alone, and chose Bali as a destination. When i arrive dI instantly knew I would love it. I met people instantly! If you don't mind roughing it slightly I suggest staying cheap in Kuta because you can easily meet travellers. Legian and Seminyak is perfect for nice restaurants and hotels. But if you are dying to be near the action....stay in Kuta and you can easily find a party/nice upscale hotel for cheap. good luck, and maybe i'll stumble by your path. I've organzied a trip for myself mid october as well.

Geelong, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Bali in October

hi, we stayed in Bali Oct last year and it is a good time of year to go. Last week of Oct is a Muslim Holiday so it was a little busier than normal but still not bad. Weather was great, didn't rain once during the day. I haven't stayed at either hotel but would recommend the Padma for location.

24. Re: Bali in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, September 07, 2009