We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money exchangers

Save Topic
Money exchangers

Hi

I'm going to be staying at the bali garden in kuta can anyone tell me where the closest money exchanger Is that has descents rates that won't scam me?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money exchangers

if you walk out of the Bali Garden and turn left towards Kuta square there is this big market looking place (I don't know how to describe it) its open at the front and sells knickknacks and souvenirs &has the fish thing that eat your feet skin? there is a 24 hour deli out the front of it and a little wooden booth money changer!! i'll admit it looks super dodgy!! ha ha but they are actually really good because they are no commission! we never had a problem and all of our group used them regularly. otherwise keep walking past where the markets are that lead to the beach and next door to the surf shop is a Kodak shop, that's good too, it gets busy. as long as they are No commission, you're fine.

Mentioned in this post
Bali Garden Beach Resort
Bali Garden Beach Resort
1,747 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Kuta Square
Kuta Square
2,100 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Save Reply
2. Re: Money exchangers

Thank you that is so helpful. Now I'm thinking of having my feet eaten by those fish things haha

perth
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Money exchangers

Hi if you walk left out of bali garden keep walking a bit past the market type area you step up on a proper shop type pavement and you have a money changer inside a proper shop money changer just before matahari.

Paralowie, Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money exchangers

Last year we stayed at the Bali Garden and the money changers in the lobby had pretty decent rates. I used them quite often. We also use one in the Discovery Mall. If you come in from the beach and turn right after the icecream shops there is a money changer in a dress shop next to a Chemist type of place and opposite a dvd shop. Always happy with them and never a problem.

Mentioned in this post
Bali Garden Beach Resort
Bali Garden Beach Resort
1,747 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
SansSouci
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Money exchangers

Pt Central Kuta money exchange (caz146 reply)it's across from the lane(if you walk west along the lane it will bring you out onto the path at the beachfront)beside the Kuta Art Markets. We changed our $'s here a few times.

Authorized Money Exchange on the northern side of Matahari Dept store Kuta Square.

Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Kuta Art Markets
Kuta Art Markets
132 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Kuta Square
Kuta Square
2,100 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
245 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Money exchangers

I have found the ones in Discovery Mall to have very poor rates probably due to overheads.

My reliable and honest man Ketut is located about 100 meters toward the airport from Kartika Mall, same side of road. He owns the mini mart set just back from the footpath and if you feel uncomfortable walking the street he will drop you back to your hotel on his scooter. I've inserted a link to a pic of the shopfront.

https:/…20131128_062128.jpg

Edited: 5:25 pm, April 03, 2014
Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,861 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Money exchangers

and the Kodak one outside Dynasty hotel is very good.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Money exchangers

Hi Candice..If you take a left turn from the main entrance of your hotel and walk towards Kuta Square there are a series of Kodak stores which are recognised money changers.Please dont stress to much on changing money as this will just become a normal routine.As previously mentioned the rates werent as strong at the Discovery mall which is a right turn from your main entrance.I am in Bali at the moment and it is stunning..Blue skies and smiles all around..Have a great trip

Edited: 10:11 pm, April 06, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Kuta Square
Kuta Square
2,100 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Save Reply
9. Re: Money exchangers

Thank you everyone so helpful. I'm not stressing as much now about changing money now that I know the right places :-)

10. Re: Money exchangers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 10, 2015