We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuta Accommodation.. HELP!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Kuta Accommodation.. HELP!!!

So going to Bali in October this year and we are having serious problems choosing accommodation.

There will be me and a couple of mates (aged 25-35) travelling so we are looking to stay somewhere that is good to laze about during the day and have some drinks by the pool etc, close enough to venture out at night but quiet enough to get some sleep when we come home. Preferably something not overly family orientated but not party central either.

Don't really have a budget any price considered however looking for somewhere fairly modern with nice facilities and reasonably close to everything and people around the same age group if possible.

Any help or recommendations would be truly appreciated

sydney
Level Contributor
66 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuta Accommodation.. HELP!!!

Kuta Puri in Poppies 1 may suit you,,check it out.

Yarrawonga...
Level Contributor
492 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuta Accommodation.. HELP!!!

Kuta Townhouses in Poppies 1 has apartments, central to everything, close proximity to night clubs but can't hear them. Plenty of apartments to choose from so any budget.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuta Accommodation.. HELP!!!

I would suggest Kuta townhouse poppies 1 or legian 101 legian st or De Kuta poppies 2

Adelaide
Level Contributor
849 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuta Accommodation.. HELP!!!

101 isn't the place you can escape the partying though , I personally suggest the losari legian it's walking distance to the main night club strip it's a very quiet hotel and cheap to but one of the best I've stayed in mind you the staying in was basically to just nurse my hangover before the next night lol the rooms are huge , swim up bar it's on a main strip for shopping and quiet bars

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuta Accommodation.. HELP!!!

Hi Lez

Have a look at Discovery Kartika Plaza. Awesome pool to laze by, close to restaurants, shops and nightlife; but still quiet enough and not too family orientated :)

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuta Accommodation.. HELP!!!

Check out the new Stones Hotel, they have special deals and also The Bali Garden.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
217 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuta Accommodation.. HELP!!!

The Masa Inn on poppies 1 is around 25 dollars a night, if i remember correctly. Nice facilities, walking distance to most places in Kuta. Quiet at night.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuta Accommodation.. HELP!!!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We were tossing up between The Stones, Bintang Hotel, J boutique & The Aston Residences. We were also thinking about the Hard Rock as it sounds like it has a pretty good atmosphere but were just worried about it being to family orientated. Any opinions on these?

Perth
Level Contributor
825 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kuta Accommodation.. HELP!!!

Out of your suggestions i would choose the Stones Hotel. Nice rooms and has a massive pool with swim up bar. Bintang Hotel is nice too but a bit on the quiet side. I have stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel. Its not bad but i found food and drinks around the pool very exspensive and thats when you could find someone to take a order. You can't take your own drinks down to the pool because they check your bags.The Hard Rock has a very good kids club so there are a lot of families there.Also have a look at the Kuta Seaview. I am pretty sure they have a younger crowd there and it's just up the road from the Hard Rock.

SansSouci
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kuta Accommodation.. HELP!!!

J Boutique(southern end of Jl Kartika Plaza)& the Aston Residence further south/west on Jl Wana Segara both in Tuban. You will find they are 'too' far away (realize you can take a taxi but i'm sure you would also prefer to be within reasonable walking distance) to Kuta & the clubs/bars along Jl Legian etc.

They are in a quieter location ("to get some sleep") but i'd lean towards the recommendations of the other replies.

You will find that once inside your hotel/resort grounds the noise/action on the outside is seldom heard.

Masa Inn is not a modern hotel (as req OP's post) but do agree with you Cupboard F it is a great hotel/staff (my sister-inlaw stayed there first trip to Bali last year)& very popular.