We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First Time

Hi All,

I'm now counting down the sleeps to Bali (8 more to go!). I am feeling a little unde-rprepared for my trip, as this is my first time. I'm traveling with a seasoned Bali goer, but still feel like I don't know what to take with me, any must sees while I'm there, and what not.

We are mostly going for relaxation time, and will be spending most of our time shopping or lounging around in the hotel/by the pool, but I'm hoping to go on a day trip or two to see some of the sights.

So, any recommendations as to things that are a must see? Any recommendations on things I should definitely take with me from home?

Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time

I was sort of blogging my experiences in May (I was based in Ubud). Don't know if this is any help?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297701-i8984-k652…

I put my pics on a separate Wordpress file

http://wp.me/p3ALYR-5z

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time

Hi!

Make sure you pack sunscreen, some anti diarhea tablets, (just in case), copies of your travel documents/passport etc. and keep these separate from the originals. Take guidance from your friend in relation to haggling prices in non fixed price stalls etc. Decline any free tickets handed out to you, rather like scratchies! They all "win a prize" but in order to claim it, you will be required to attend a "1 hour presentation" don't go, it is high pressure time share selling!

Have a look at this new venue, 15 hectares of cultural history of Indonesia http://www.taman-nusa.com/

When out clubbing etc., do not leave your drink unattended and be very wary of "happy hours" etc., as the "alcohol", may be adulterated with home made arak which can cause serious problems! When catching a taxi, ensure the meter is on, if the driver says "meter is broken" or similar get out and get another taxi!

Whatever you do, do not admit it is your first time to Bali! That is a invitation to be taken advantage of!! Most of all, enjoy your adventure! Which it will be!!!

London
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time

Wendy, I noticed Taman Nusa has a 50% off promotion for July. I was lucky enough to get a sneak preview in May when it was almost finished and it's an impressive site, but at that point the ticket pricing was looking to be quite expensive, so at half price it might be worth getting in there quickly. They have a wonderful cultural village with some original antique wooden houses from the islands that are a couple of hundred years old. A lot of love has been lavished on this attraction. They also have a replica Borobodur

4. Re: First Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 19, 2014