We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

at poppies need help

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
at poppies need help

We are staying at Poppies currently and need to transfer to Sanur.

Do we need to take our suitcases to the end of Poppies Lane 1 onto Jalan Legion and get our taxi from there. My suitcase is heavy and I am not looking forward dragging it down this narrow lane fighting for space with motor bikes and tourists. What have others done please?

DESPERATE and need HELP.....

Thank-you

Edy Smile Tour
Sightseeing Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Authentic Bali Tour
Sightseeing Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Private Tours, Cultural Tours
Todo Bali
Sightseeing Tours
Perth Australia
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: at poppies need help

We stayed at Kuta Townhouse and the taxi came and picked us up. Just ask at the Hotel you are staying at if they can call you a taxi.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: at poppies need help

I did ask at reception if they could call a taxi and they were the people who told me we had to walk to the end of Poppies Lane with our suitcases and wait for a taxi there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: at poppies need help

Sorry forgot to say we are staying at Poppies Cottages towards the end of Poppies 1 where the lane starts to become narrow.... thank-you for your reply harro58

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
802 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: at poppies need help

When we stayed at Poppies Cottages in Poppies Lane 1, we trundled to Jalan Legian with ours. It's not far and we did'nt have any problems with motor bikes or tourists. And there's no shortage of taxis on Jalan Legian .... having said that "when you want a taxi you can never get one in Bali" ha haha I must have the "luck of the Irish". (no offence intended to Irish ppl reading).

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: at poppies need help

Thank-you Donna067 for your reply.

Looks like that is our only option.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
173 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: at poppies need help

Hi ebjag,

What did you think of Poppies Cottages?

Cheers, Kim

5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: at poppies need help

Walk down without bags grab a driver barter a deal get him to come to you

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: at poppies need help

Hi Kim,

Poppies Cottages are very nice to stay at. The rooms are large and very clean. Beautiful gardens, lovely staf

f very friendly.

I had arranged for the free airport transfer on arrival at Denpasar, but they were not there to pick me up.

I wouldn't stay here again mainly because there aren't any taxi's in front of the accommodation and I find the lane way very narrow with many motorbikes and people fighting for space. These are only my personal thoughts though.

9. Re: at poppies need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 18, 2014