We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fare from Ngurah Rai Airport

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Fare from Ngurah Rai Airport

Hi Experts,

May i know the price from Airport to Kuta Discovery Mall?

It is stated IDR45,000 in this website:

http://www.baliairport.com/transportation

It is right? As it seems quite cheap.

TIA!

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Taxi Fare from Ngurah Rai Airport

Hey experts!

Thanks all! Got my problem solved! Will be taking taxi!

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Taxi Fare from Ngurah Rai Airport

We got ripped off bad. It was a great setup, a very.well played scam. We got in very late 2am the one taxi guy said 600000 for the 2 of us. We laughed said Ya right started walking away, then another said 200000. We figured hey he's way cheaper so we took the offer, thinking we got a great deal.

Edited: 4:26 am, May 20, 2013
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,812 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Taxi Fare from Ngurah Rai Airport

Cody: Where were you going to? Was that at the official airport taxi stand? If so, why didn't you look at the price posted?

Vancouver, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Taxi Fare from Ngurah Rai Airport

Like i said it was 2am, didn't see any sign. Who knows they could've hid it or had it blocked. We where going to poppies II.

They work on and play off of confused tourists. I find it funny because we fell for it.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,812 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Taxi Fare from Ngurah Rai Airport

Well, next time you will know. I post this not just for you but for others who may read this post and think it's hard to get an airport taxi. It's not.

The official airport taxi is part of the terminal building and is manned as long as there are flights. There are 2 or 3 people working the official desk and you pay them and they assign you an airport taxi. The driver then takes your ticket and leads you to the taxi which is parked close by.

The airport taxis operate on 18 or sometimes 24 hours shifts so even flights that arrive at 2 am are no problem...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Taxi Fare from Ngurah Rai Airport

Is there any drivers hanging around in the carpark. Say if they were trying to overcharge you and you walked out to the carpark, would you be able to get a driver?

I know it's only $2 or so but it's the principle. I paid 100000 the other night which I knew was dearer but just didn't want to be ripped off and have no where to go at midnight.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Taxi Fare from Ngurah Rai Airport

I remembered vividly the last time I was at Bali, I paid 70k for my cab to my hotel in Kuta. I tried to haggle (cos I did my research here and knowing it should be around 45 - 50k), but the guy manning the official taxi stand just waved me away. I arrived around 10pm with my other girl friend, and was surrounded by taxi drivers. Cant see any BlueBird cabs around.. It was our first trip to Bali. I mean its not my first time in Indonesia, but we were kinda overwhelmed and just paid the 70k in the end.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Taxi Fare from Ngurah Rai Airport

Xiu, thats why I was wondering if there is any drivers in the carpark because you really don't have any other option than to let them rip you off. I did the same a few years back.

19. Re: Taxi Fare from Ngurah Rai Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, January 17, 2014