We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family...... Bali dynasty or Febris ? Any others ?

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Family...... Bali dynasty or Febris ? Any others ?

Hi

We have stayed at the bali dynasty before when we were a two plus one family

Now we are a two plus two and looking at our options as the dynasty does seem very expensive

Has anyone stayed in the dynasty? What room would you recommend for a family with two young children?

Heard febris is a great hotel too and value for money? Anyone stayed there ? What is the pool like as that's where the children spend their time?

Any tips advice would be appreciated?

Does anyone know if you can use other hotel pools? Ie sty at febris bit use dynasty ?

Thanks

9 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Family...... Bali dynasty or Febris ? Any others ?

We have stayed at both. Dynasty has fantastic rooms and a great pool area and entertainment around the pool, but pricey. Febris has got beautiful rooms, awesome staff and restaurant you can't go past it for value for money, BUT, the pool area ruins it. The pool is cold and has no atmosphere whatsoever. I couldn''t see you hanging around the pool with young kids.

You could check out Bali Garden, it is fantastic also, although the prices have gone up considerably.

We are heading to Dewi Sri in Kuta in July as we have a family of 5 and have to find somewhere with a family room. So heres hoping...

9 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Family...... Bali dynasty or Febris ? Any others ?

We have stayed at both. Dynasty has fantastic rooms and a great pool area and entertainment around the pool, but pricey. Febris has got beautiful rooms, awesome staff and restaurant you can't go past it for value for money, BUT, the pool area ruins it. The pool is cold and has no atmosphere whatsoever. I couldn''t see you hanging around the pool with young kids.

You could check out Bali Garden, it is fantastic also, although the prices have gone up considerably.

We are heading to Dewi Sri in Kuta in July as we have a family of 5 and have to find somewhere with a family room. So heres hoping...

Albion Park...
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Family...... Bali dynasty or Febris ? Any others ?

We stayed in the Dynasty with 2 adults 3 children we had a family suite , yes we enjoyed it but i agree it is so expensive we are now on a mission to find accomodation for this oct in Legian / Kuat area

Albion Park...
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Family...... Bali dynasty or Febris ? Any others ?

Hi, What villas did you stayin? i have 3 kids and looking for accomodation in legian area? i wasnt keen on villas at first but they are warming to me :)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
369 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Family...... Bali dynasty or Febris ? Any others ?

sent you a PM KyenPeter :)

Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Family...... Bali dynasty or Febris ? Any others ?

Hi how does legian compare as a resort ? Nusa dua is that very quiet ? Really appreciate your help everyone. Have a great weekend

western australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Family...... Bali dynasty or Febris ? Any others ?

Hi the holiday inn in tuban is fantastic right on the beach ,they allow 5 in a room ,we are going again in august staying in a One bedroom suite ,which has a king bedroom with 2 bathrooms and then a separate lounge with sofa bed.the kids eat for free in the palms restaurant if under 12 if an adult is eating as well.Because you are staying in a suite the kids get free access to the kids club that is amazing,they give you a mobile phone so you can go out shopping or for lunch they ring if any issues ,my son what an extra can of cool drink for lunch instead of water they rang to check it was ok.(by the way lunch is included)no extra charge, for them they take them in a little group to the restaurant you order there food at the kids club when you drop them off.We got the family and friends rate which is open to everyone $150.00 a night for all 5.Breakfast is extra $16.00 dollars per adult kids are free.I love its quite location and it has a path along the beachfront to discovery shopping centre, legion if you are keen,just loved are stay here .Hope this helps Kind Regards Andy

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Family...... Bali dynasty or Febris ? Any others ?

yes you can use Dynasty pool and stay at Febris. we usually go over at happy hour and use the pool.

Febris is lovely and great value for money. it is not a 5star resort!! hence the price you pay. it offers great value for families who would rather spend money on having a good time than pay for overpriced accommodation.

there is a kiddies pool. and they let you have pool toys in the pool. the pool is not freezing, how can it be it's Bali we are talking about! there is plenty of shade there is an abundance of frangipani trees now that have matured and provide great shade.

Level Contributor
13 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Family...... Bali dynasty or Febris ? Any others ?

The dynasty is the way to go. I have been going there for many years and with the renovations to the kids pool it is very safe. Its a resort you can stay at and dont have to stress about anything. The babysitting is awesome my boys are now 16, 14 and dont require one however when they were 5 & 3 we had no problem with leaving them. Even now the pool hut guys treat our boys like their own and often with them for a lot of the day. Price yes its more expensive and I would stay in a garden family room where they have bunks and a slide out trundle bed but you get what you pay for. The other key thing is to compare with travel agent prices and going direct for the flights and accomodation as you would save there. If you are a returnee you get a better rate so you will save money.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
228 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Family...... Bali dynasty or Febris ? Any others ?

In reply to SparkyPerth, who suggested we read his review of Febri's, complaining of rats there. I have had the pleasure of staying at Febri's three times now, and not once have encountered any critter activity there, apart from geckoes. At least twice, whilst walking through the Dynasty to visit family members there, I have encountered rats the size of quokkas scampering through near restaurant areas.

Also, you say none of the staff are friendly at Febri's - our experiences could not be more different than yours. We are remembered year after year by the staff, to the point where on checkin this time, the housekeeping staff remembered that we are in the same room this visit as in previous years.

Also, with regard to the kids club at Dynasty, from what I saw there last week, it seems to be woefully undersupervised, with young children (about 3yo) walking from the kids club area into the kiddies pool without any of the staff noticing. In addition, the pool area of Dynasty was littered with rubbish and cigarette butts - I even witnessed a manky bandaid floating in one of their pools. Nice.

Regardless, keep staying at the Dynasty if you have kids, it keeps Febri's quiet for those of us that don't have them! :)