We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden Suites at Grand Istama Rama...worth the extra???

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Garden Suites at Grand Istama Rama...worth the extra???

Planning my holiday to Bali in May with my 22yo son. I have visited the Grand Istana Rama grounds (even been cheeky and swum in their pool and drank at their swim up bar...I paid of course...fact finding mission...a week ago today...sigh!!). Trying to find the best place for my son to really enjoy his last Mum-funded holiday (next time he's paying and that could be 50 years away).

Are the Garden Suites worth the extra cost? Any room suggestions? OR...any other hotel suggestions for a 22yo to enjoy good company with a "not quite 50" tag-along Ma? Swim-up bar essential as it good location...Thanks in advance!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,272 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden Suites at Grand Istama Rama...worth the extra???

We had the garden suite for 1 night due to 1 of our rooms being used. We ended up in room 115, deluxe room and that was exactly the same as the garden suite inside.

Garden suite has a courtyard so if you like being tucked away then that may be worth the cost to you. I like to sit out the front and watch the world go by.

Garden Suites are only around 20 metres closer to reception/pool ect than the 11.. rooms. Our friends had the 514 room and was just a tad smaller but still a nice size.

I am not sure what the price difference is but unless you love the courtyard and it's only about $10 I wouldn't worry about it.

Nice place though.

Perth
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden Suites at Grand Istama Rama...worth the extra???

Thanks BaliBern...just the info I was after.

I think they are quite a bit more expensive...so I don't think I'll bother as I too like to watch the world go by!

3. Re: Garden Suites at Grand Istama Rama...worth the extra???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 12, 2014