We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with young crowd & swim-up bar

Perth
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with young crowd & swim-up bar

I am travelling to Bali in May with my 22yo son and would like to find a hotel with a bit of atmosphere that attracts the younger folk...but hopefully I won't look to silly being there (paper bag?).

I have just come back from Bali a few days ago (sigh!) and did a bit of a sticky around a few places...the Bounty didn't appeal and Barong initially didn't either...but then I only saw the smaller front pool (didn't realise there was another).

Grand Istama Rama was nice...but not many young folk and Satriya cottages the same with a much smaller pool. So in my books Bounty & Satriya are out...but would love further input on Barong and Grand Instana Rama...or any suggestions Kuta/Legian swim-up bar essential that is in a good location and not too pricey ($100pn) that may appeal to younger folk would be great. Thanks in advance :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with young crowd & swim-up bar

How about the Jayakarta in Legian??

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with young crowd & swim-up bar

Hi!

White Rose (behind the memorial) down a paved driveway, does attract a lot of young folk and is close to pubs/clubs etc.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with young crowd & swim-up bar

You should check out The 101 Legian. Read some reviews on here to get a idea of what it is like!!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,038 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with young crowd & swim-up bar

adi dharma hotel has a swim up bar, is a short walk to the bounty / poppies lane. They have a swim up bar, close to all the action but still a quieter hotel to get some sleep.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with young crowd & swim-up bar

This is a great dual purpose topic, as it can assist the Original Poster find what they want, and also assist the rest of us that don't want a "Hotel with young crowd & swim-up bar", by avoiding the hotels mentioned.

Well done and good luck with your search Deb65underscore11.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,038 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with young crowd & swim-up bar

The adi attracts all ages, it is not the party scene hotel but a great little hotel for those who want to be in amongst the action but have a quieter retreat. The swim up bar is an attraction here for all ages.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with young crowd & swim-up bar

Sorry Snooky. "Avoiding" was probably the wrong word, "research more thoroughly" may have been a better choice of words.

Cheers

Perth
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with young crowd & swim-up bar

I hear you Greg...when I am travelling solo I definately have a different criteria!

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,038 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with young crowd & swim-up bar

yes researching a hotel as much as possible is always the best way to choose something that suits your needs. Many holidays are ruined when people book a the wrong hotel or choose the wrong area to stay.

Perth
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with young crowd & swim-up bar

Has anyone stayed at the at the Kuta Puri? It has the swim-up bar (what I am after)...but is it more a family type hotel?