We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legian/nusa dua

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Legian/nusa dua

Can anyone who is familiar with Nusa DUa and Legian recommend a venue for our Wedding in July this year .... We have booked a Garden wedding at The Aston Beach Resort at Nusa Dua for our ceremony

However - we are wanting to have a 'dinner' for our 30 odd guests after the ceremony rather than a reception as such that has awesome food - not too expensive food and drinks ,great view,and good atmosphere,great service and would prefer a section of the restaurant to ourselves.. Perhaps even a rooftop venue ....

We then want to be close to some nice wine bars that have good ambience and perhaps some other venues that have entertainment so we can have a bit of a dance etc after the dinner with our guests..

We will be staying at the Aston so needs to be close to there in a 'non bogan' area ... There will be adults only and we are all in our 40's...

Fiancé' and I not been to Bali so any suggestions are greatly appreciated ... We want a relaxed,fun informal wedding ...

I'm also told although it is their peak season that the weather is great in July ...? is that true?

Also does anyone know about the Aston?

Thank you all greatly in advance for those that respond to this :)

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Nengah Bali Driver
Coffee & Tea Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Cultural Tours, Food Tours
Dirt Java
Other Food & Drink
Kintamani Transport - Day Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Coffee & Tea Tours, Private Tours
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legian/nusa dua

The Hitana Restaurant on Legian beach has an area up stairs for events.

The food,atmosphere,location and venue itself is lovely.

Also La Lucciolla restaurant in Seminyak which overlooks the beach has a private function room upstairs with a lovely balcony.

I suggest you e mail to get a copy of prices etc.

Weather in July is beautiful.

Mentioned in this post
Hitana
Hitana
601 Reviews
Legian, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Legian/nusa dua

My daughter had her reception at La Luciola in the private function room. We had 36 people and it was perfect.

Cape Town Central...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Legian/nusa dua

Hi TLM-Sydney

I have stayed at the Aston Bali 3 times over the past 10 years and am returning there in March.

We found it to be fantastic with friendy staff who are always willing to make your stay the best one.

Great location , great beach, great place

Steven

South Africa

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legian/nusa dua

Thanks Steven for your feedback on the Aston am considering later in the year staying there.

Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Legian/nusa dua

Thanks so much all for your great feedback - we really appreciate it!

Sadly I have not been able to locate a website / email address for the suggested venues....does anyone have any suggestions on how to find these details so I can contact them?

Also,does anyone have a suggestion for a venue for after our dinner in Legian that we can continue on our celebrations at - must have good atmosphere and some music would be great....

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Legian/nusa dua

Thanks also to Steven for such positive feedback for the Aston - we have found the Wedding Co-Ordinator - Denny to be fantastic to deal with to date - hence why we chose the Aston as well as for its location.

Steven,is there a restaurant close to the Aston you would recommend? For us to have Reception/DInner at after the Aston?

We really want a private area to ourselves and some entertainment would be great also....

From my research it appears we would be best to go to Legian to suit our needs?.

P

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Legian/nusa dua

Contact details for La Lucciola +62 361730838

Hitana at the Niksoma +62 3617751946.

Mentioned in this post