We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dvd player

ballarat
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
dvd player

Taking the kids to Bali in December, just wandering if anuone knows where to hire a DVD player in Kuta and approx prices

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
8,184 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dvd player

Quite few hotels either already have a DVD player in the room or hire them out to guests. Also most DVD shops hire the players. Sorry, I do not know the rental rate.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dvd player

When we stayed at Kumala Pantai, we hired a dvd player from the hotel. It was Rp40,000 a day.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Kumala Pantai
Hotel Kumala Pantai
834 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,019 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dvd player

E mail the hotel where you are staying and ask do they have any to hire, if they do ask to reserve one as often there is not enough for every room. If you have no luck you will soon see numerous DVD shops around your hotel. A lot of these will hire DVD players.

When we have hired them we pay around $5 - $7 a day.

I usually take a portable DVD player for the plane and my daughter uses this in Bali as well. .. been one of the best things we have purchased for traveling.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Oyster Bay
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dvd player

We bought one from from Hardy's supermarket in Sanur back in April. Cost about $23 AUD. Much cheaper than the hotel hire cost of $8 AUD per day. I gave it to our driver when we left.

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: dvd player

You sure your hotel room hasnt already got one?

Probably easier to buy a cheap small one from Kmart and take it with you (with a power plug adapter)

I bought a power board with a usp (charging) plug on it to use in bali and to plug my other stuff in as well (camera chargers)

6. Re: dvd player

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, December 15, 2013