We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in South Kuta

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying in South Kuta

Hey there, we are going to Bali next year for 10 days,looking at staying at either Santika Premiere,Bali Garden resort(is next to discovery,any one know how noisy this could be??)or the Vira Bali resort.We have 2 teenagers.Any recommendations.Ramada Bintang and Bali Dynasty are also options.Thanks

Western Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Staying in South Kuta

The Bali Garden is fantastic and excellent location. We stayed in a room on the opposite side from Discovery- directly opposite Waterbom.

We had the cheapest type of room which faced the street which we loved and spent hours on our balcony watching the world go by. It was noisy from traffic, Waterbom, music from restaurants etc on the balcony, but not at all once in the room with the door shut.

If you dont like noise and hustle and bustle, the rooms that face the gardens/pool/ocean are only slightly more expensive. If you dont want to be on the shopping centre side Im sure you could request that.

We loved the pool and Boardwalk restaurant and beach access, and that you can walk out the back along the beach either left to Discovery and other hotels restaurants, or right to get to Kuta.

It was perfect for us with a young child, but no specific activities for kids or teens other than the pool and Waterbom so not a lot of families with older kids/young teens when we stayed - mostly familites with little kids, older couples without kids and young adults drinking at the pool bar.

For our next holiday I definitely considered staying again but decided to choose a hotel with kids club.. (plus the Bali Garden was more expensive than last year and then it got booked up for my dates months in advance)

I seriously considered the Hard Rock Hotel- the faciltities and activities look amazing and it sounds perfect for familites with teens. When I was looking at booking the prices were very reasonable, especially one Friday night when I checked the Hard Rock website and they had a Friday special on.

We also liked the look of the Ramada Bintang (price similar to Bali Garden when i looked this year) and enjoyed the restaurant and live music on the beach there - but location wise we decided we wouldnt want to stay any further south than the Bali Garden.

We also walked through the Dynasty and just did not like the feel plus way too many kids.

Have fun deciding - choosing hotels is so much fun!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Staying in South Kuta

Bali Garden Beach Resort is FANTASTIC! Right next to Discovery and across from Waterbom and of couse, right on the beach. Ask for a garden/sea view instead of a street view and you won't hear a thing. 3 pools (one is adults only), great spa for massages and excellent food (best value we found) at their Boardwalk Restaurant. Enjoy!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Staying in South Kuta

We were married at Santika and stayed there for four nights in a bungalow - beautiful resort, great breakfast, fantastic mojitos! I think it's in a great location, easy to walk to many restaurants, shops, etc.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Staying in South Kuta

We have also stayed at Bali Garden - a few years ago now - and really enjoyed the spa there and the restaurant has the best pizzas, the steak was also really good, many many cocktails to choose from. You do notice the people at this resort - which is great, no reason not to go, and then on the other side of the coin at Santika you barely see any other guests. Both are great locations. I would imagine Bali Garden might be a little cheaper. Batan Waru (next to Bali Garden) is a must no matter where you stay, cheap eats, cold drinks, great staff - chicken panini is very good :o)

15. Re: Staying in South Kuta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, December 14, 2013