We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in South Kuta

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying in South Kuta

Hey there, we are going to Bali next year for 10 days,looking at staying at either Santika Premiere,Bali Garden resort(is next to discovery,any one know how noisy this could be??)or the Vira Bali resort.We have 2 teenagers.Any recommendations.Ramada Bintang and Bali Dynasty are also options.Thanks

Perth
Level Contributor
183 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in South Kuta

We love staying in south kuta, it's only a 10 to 15 min walk up to kuta, but its is not so full on as legian and you also have the beach path you can walk along which sometimes gives you a break from all the hawkers along the road, we have stayed at the dynasty which was really nice, and we are staying at the febri's in a few weeks time, which is meant to be really nice.

Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in South Kuta

I have stayed at the ramada bintang. Loved the location with our young kids as it was close to shopping and great places to eat. Rooms were ok. Not the newest or anything but definately adequate. Grounds are beautiful and staff were very helpful. We walked through the Dynasty. I found this hotel to feel a little prison like but I have stayed there. It just didnt have the lovely open grounds the Ramada did. Security wise it seemed like one would feel quite secure there though. Kellie

Perth
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in South Kuta

We stayed at the Santika for 3 nights at the end of our trip in March. We had never stayed in Sth Kuta prior to this and wasn't sure if we would like the area. I must say we were pleasantly surprised. The resort is lovely and they have the best breakfast. It was very quiet within the resort. We enjoyed it so much that we are going back next month.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,734 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in South Kuta

I also like Tuban an all the resorts you mentioned are very good,i stayed at the Santika in May for the first time and have re booked for January it is a great resort and the Premier rooms are in their own area overlooking a pool with a swim up bar.If you go the Premier rooms try to get ground floor that way you are right at the pool.

How old are your teenagers?The Dynasty is great for families with kids.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in South Kuta

Thanks for that,the teens are 19 and 15.We are now also looking at the Patra Bali,but I'm worried that it might be too close to the airport.Has anyone stayed there?

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying in South Kuta

We have stayed at the patra but it was a few years ago now and while we loved the resort and would happily stay there again we found that it was just that little bit too far from everything. We have also stayed at the dynasty with teenagers but found that it catered for younger children a lot more.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying in South Kuta

I have stayed in a lot of resorts in Tuban over the years, started at the Patra and kept moving north! The airport is not a problem at all, but I found it is a bit far from restaurants etc. The pick of the bunch in my opinion is the Santika. When we went, we put our boys into a deluxe room and we had a garden villa.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying in South Kuta

I have stayed at Santika and the Patra and while the Patra is nice it is just too far out. I think you will love the Santika, the location is great, grounds are lovely and the premier rooms are great. Your kids can walk to waterbomb park and it is surrounded by shops and restaurants. And the breakfast is an absolute feast

perth
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying in South Kuta

i have stayed at the ramada, santika and dynasty, they are next door to each other. dynasty is the pick for me. although alot of kids there, the attention to detail and service is second to none. santika is nice but very quiet. ramada is a bit tatty and spread out with boring gardens and much more expensive to eat at. all 3 do great breakfasts.

the patra is too far away. never been able to get into the bali garden resort, it is the cheaper of the ones you mentioned but great location and nice pool area and restaurant. being next door to discovery and accross the road from waterbom are a plus.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying in South Kuta

Look at the Hard Rock

If you book directly through website can be cheaper than Dynasty with the biggest pool in Asia and a fabulous swim up bar plus little huts you can hire for the day - we went with teenagers a few years ago and they loved it

Walking distance to Poppies and across from beach

Breakfast to die for