We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prescription glasses in Kuta

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Prescription glasses in Kuta

Is it still a cheaper alternative to get prescription glasses in Kuta? I did this some years ago and it was really cheap, but nowadays I have to get multifocal lenses which really bumps up the cost. Is it still worth it? Can you recommend a particular optometrist in the Tuban or Kuta area?

Thanks!

Queensland
Level Contributor
525 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Prescription glasses in Kuta

My son and wife swear by optometrist in Matahari Galleria .....wife has special lenses that when ordered in Australia have to come from USA and take a month......Bali took 4 days and price in Aus $800-$1000 price in Bali $150....so I am heading off there in October as I have Hi Index multifocal and apparently they do them.

Queensland
Level Contributor
525 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Prescription glasses in Kuta

opps sorry its in Carrefour complex not Mataharis

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prescription glasses in Kuta

Hi Lorna

I can't help with multifocal as i'm only at short sighted stage, but i'm sure others will reply who have multifocal specs.

One of the most popular stores mentioned on the forum is Wina Optical in front of Supernova supermarket on Jl Raya Kuta which is not far from Tuban/Kuta.

You will find optical stores in Discovery Mall, Kuta Square and Mal Bali Galleria (Simpang Suir roundabout)

Glasses on wheels can be found at Legian on the beach path near Jayakarta hote/Kumala Pantai hotel (Lalu) and Mr Honeyman outside Bintang supermarket at Seminyak.

The Optical stores will test your eyes (I know Wina test for Glaucoma & Macula degeneration same as our opticians do here)

I take a copy of my script, your optician should give you a copy if you ask.

sydney
Level Contributor
944 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prescription glasses in Kuta

Hi

Been going to bali for many years and hear so much about prescription glasses so in May this year decided to give it a go.

Wow I went to a place in Sanur and they used Wina to make them up in Kuta. They also can deliver to your hotel when they are ready. Took 2 days only. Multifocal takes about 4 days so hubby didnt have time to do this.

The price compared to back home prices after the HCF rebate was about a fifth of the cost. I was so so happy with them. Hubby just brought a frame again at great prices.

We vist Bali many times and this will be one of the first things we do again on our next trip.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Prescription glasses in Kuta

Thanks so much for all your comments!

Wish me luck - will give it a go!!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
899 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prescription glasses in Kuta

I had multi focal transition glasses made at Wina Optical at Supernova last April. If you do a search you will find many threads on the forum recommending Wina Optical for prescription glasses. They cost 1.6 million rupiah which is about $1,200 cheaper than what I paid for my previous ones in Sydney.

brisbane
Level Contributor
528 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prescription glasses in Kuta

Are multi focals the same as progressive lenses?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prescription glasses in Kuta

Yes, same, same

Ingham, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prescription glasses in Kuta

I have just come back from Kuta,had transition,multi focal glasses made by HENRY at Wina Optical,Supernova.Bought new frames on special and the whole lot cost $132.00 AUD,very pleased with them and I had no prescriptions.Took 5 days to complete,I would recommend Henry to anyone,surely knows his work. 28/May/2013

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prescription glasses in Kuta

I also use Wina for my multifocals and will be going back again this trip