We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailor - Kuta/Legian

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tailor - Kuta/Legian

Hi,

I know there are already a few threads happening but I would like some advice.

I wish to get a skirt, jacket & dress made, and i bought my silk fabric here on sale so I have the farbic.

I have been recommended to go to Alta Moda, but no one has commented on their tailoring service & prices.

Can someone recommend a good tailor in either Kuta or Legian, who can give good prices as the fabrics are being supplied?

Can someone also give me rough prices on these items?

Thank you :)

George Town...
Level Contributor
435 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tailor - Kuta/Legian

Alta Moda source their tailoring out.

We tried Anika when we were there and would definitely NOT recommend it. Their work was atrocious and we put it in the bin And we had bough ex. pensive silk so were doubly annoyed.\

Went to a tried and true tailor LEON Tailor in the lane next to legends Bar in Garlic Lane. Took our own material plus pictures of what we wanted made. Repeated what we wanted several times to make sure that jonny understood, and he did a fabulous job.

I have had garments made by him for the past 13 years, but stupidly decided to give somewhere else a go. Wish we hadn't wasted our time and money.

I think from memory, it cost about Rp 200 000 for a dress, but you can negotiate with him.

Sydney
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tailor - Kuta/Legian

Hi

We have just returned and had boots, jacket, pants and shirt made by Cintya. She and her sister come to your hotel which is great because you are in the comfort of airconditioning. She did an amazing job with our stuff and I would not hesitate to recommend her. Cintya and Leah are such lovely girls. Her email address is ayucintya.anwar@hotmail.com and her mobile no. is +62 857 37320977

Lynne

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tailor - Kuta/Legian

Alta Moda fabric is overpriced. Head to Sulawesi street and buy your own fabrics - you might be overwhelmed at the choice. I would never use Anika Tailor again - I had some things "made" in March - I destroyed 75% of what they made as they were unwearable. They were not in the least bit sorry and much more expensive than other places. Do not use them.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tailor - Kuta/Legian

My wife just had 2 dresses replicated from a sample. She bought the fabric from Alta Moda and then had House of Komang (on Jl Padma) make them, as Alta Moda were very expensive. The quality was fantastic and wife was very pleased. It ended up costing 360,000RP for the fabric and 300,000RP to make them which converted back cmae to about $80AUD total. Considering the original cost her well over $200AUD, the saving is terrific.

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Tailor - Kuta/Legian

Recently in Kuta I provided 6 meters of material to have2 skirts &1 pair of trousers made. It was suggested that there may be enough material to make matching waistcoats I thought ,yes that would be nice.

when I went for the first fitting I was told there was not enough material to make the skirts!! Guess what? the waistcoats had been cut out first and though not a sower I could have done better myself.

. The trousers looked like jodpursat the end of the day I was so angry by the sevice and lack of quality I walked away from it leaving my material and small deposit.

I certainly could not reccommend the tailor and sadly I can't remember his name. Coming out of the Jayakarta hotel he is across the road and to the right down a lane opposite a tattoo place.

Edited: 1:18 am, September 04, 2010
gold coast
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tailor - Kuta/Legian

we have just returned yesterday and my wife suplyed her owen material to have a dress made we use jermyn street leather tailor located in poppies lane 0ne near poppies cotages we have used him twice now and he is spot on had a leather jacket made as well as long and short pants made this trip all spot on and no going back and forwards for fittings .don right the first time kobrob............

Sydney
Level Contributor
50 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tailor - Kuta/Legian

Hi Kobrob.....can you give me an idea iof the cost for a leather jacket? and also is this place easy to find? My teenage son is going on Friday and keen to have a jacket made. Just trying to save him from being ripped off! Thanks Jenny.

George Town...
Level Contributor
435 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tailor - Kuta/Legian

Excellent leather tailer is Blue Dolphin in Garlic lane. Very reputable. has been there forever. leather jackets cost approx $150. Had one made for hubby three years ago, also had shoes, handbag and sandals made. really pleased witth the results. Thoroughly recommend.

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tailor - Kuta/Legian

hi happy holliday jermyn street tailors are located in poppies lane one iff you come from the beach end keep on walking till you reach t.j.s mexican resturant witch is on your left hand side the lane way starts to get verey narrow you will go about another 50 meters and you will see his shop on your right hand side just past the gate way to poppies resturant.we wqill be back over there in 5 weeks time and will have clothes made once again cost app leather jacket 4xl was app 120 aus wifes jacket medium was 95 aus great value and spot on first time as usuale. kobrob.........

George Town...
Level Contributor
435 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tailor - Kuta/Legian

Re: my previous posting. I made a mistake with the name of the leather tailor. It is called Dolphin Leather