We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bali garden hotel

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Topic
bali garden hotel

has anybody recently stayed here mixed reviews we are family of 2 adults 2 teenagers.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,892 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bali garden hotel

in december we had dinner and drinks at their beach front restaurant.. this area is newly renovated and has a great 'feel' to it. this is one of the few hotels which has direct beach frontage (ie no road to cross). i think that people are comparing the quality of the rooms to the quality finish of the renovations and that is why there are some opinions where people were a little less than 'happy'. if you are very fussy with room quality and finish then i suggest you ask for a renovated room. the hotel is a good price and worth considering. there are other higher rated hotels on this same stretch of beach which also have 'direct' frontage. ie discovery kartika plaza and santika. a cheaper alternative which is not beach front and opposite bali dynasty resort is the febris hotel.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bali garden hotel

I will be there next week returning on the 11th so I wll give a review when I get back.

Cheers Harro

perth
Level Contributor
131 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bali garden hotel

stayed there last august and was worried like you before we left. The pool area is fantastic, great atmosphere without being too hectic. Right next to centro which is fab (my kids use to wander over to time zone). Great if you want to pop over for lunch or a wander around. The food around the pool is great and very cheap. The restaurant at night is lovely. Lovely atmosphere right on the beach. The beach front location is superb. The location of the hotel is great. Close to Matahari and lots of shops. We had a family room which was in the process of being renovated. It was fine. The air con worked and it was clean and serviced every day. It was funny as each day we would come back to our room there would be something new like a bed head, table and charis etc... The rooms are all in the process of being renovated and may be done by the time you get there. I would definitely go back without a doubt. We loved it and we have been to Bali 13 times and stayed all over the place. We are going for xmas this year and wanted to stay there but decided to stay with the rest of the family at Kuta townhouses. For me the pool area and location is more important than a flash room as we don't spend much time in our room. You will not be disappointed with the lovely pool area and fab location. Enjoy!!

perth
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bali garden hotel

Hi. We returned on Friday after staying at the Bali Garden for the first third of our trip in a Deluxe Room. I must say the restaurants, pools and amenities were fabulous. The big let down for us was the room. The bathroom was very tired, dirty, mouldy, with a rotten sewage smell and had vents which let bugs in. The bed to sleep on felt like it had been used as a trampoline!!!! Our room (# 372) was also on the side of the shopping centre and we had lovely ocean glimpses :) every 2 days between 8 & 9am very loud generators would start up to power up the centre - not that we sleep in on holidays so it was not too much of a problem. We were unable to move rooms.

Would we stay there again? - probably, only if we got a room on the other side of the hotel and assurance that we had an upgraded room.

We are also thinking of taking our 15 year olds next time, and with the location and amenities, this place is ideal.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bali garden hotel

have a great time Harro58

Edited: 4:40 am, February 22, 2010
Perth Australia
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bali garden hotel

Thanks Anna, I'm a bit worried now as I have requested a renovated room or

a third floor room and I think it was between 371 to 380. Oh well we only spend sleeping time in our room,will buy some air freshener.

Cheers Harro

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bali garden hotel

Hi Jodess,thanks for the input,you were saying you make take your 15yr old next time,what sort of room would you need as i have 2 teenagers

perth
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bali garden hotel

apparently the family rooms are huge - a bunk with a double on the bottom and single top, however given thier age (16) next year they may not let us stay in one. We would request an upgraded deluxe interconnecting the lower 250's or 350 room number range.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bali garden hotel

The family rooms are ugly and worn out,the patio out the back is mozzie and moss infested,unless they have been recently renovated .Far better to get 2 interconnecting deluxe rooms on 2nd or 3rd floor.The hotels photo of the family rooms are nothing like they are.But the hotel is a great place to stay.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: bali garden hotel

dear mickandsando when did you last stay there,wow its sounds great