We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the island hotel

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
south africa
Level Contributor
237 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
the island hotel

Has anyone been here. It looks great on the website but where about is it in relation to kuta central or poppies?

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: the island hotel

I once emailed Claire the owner to get some prices for Oct 09!

And I never got an answer....

There were plenty of followers on the facebook site for the 'Island Hotel'

It looks like a small compact boutique hotel!!!

In relation to Kuta or Poppies Lane I'm not sure but I think it would be at least a 10-15 minute walk.

It now looks like it is catering for a different clientele....

And I thought it was for backpackers!!!!

Looks inviting! And comfortable...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the island hotel

Yes, I thought when they opened it was targeting a backpacker market, but the prices they are charging are way too high for backpackers IMHO.

Can't help with the location, sorry.

Wickham, West...
Level Contributor
156 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the island hotel

Hi,

I went and had a look around when I was in Bali in October. "The Island" is down a Gang (about 200metres) opposite the Melasti Beach Resort in Legian. It has a nice atmosphere, however the rooms are quite small and basic for the price. It is quite expensive for backpackers- there is a lot of accommodation elsewhere at that price.

4. Re: the island hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 22, 2010