We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats a great resturant near puri raja legian

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
whats a great resturant near puri raja legian

Hi everyone,

I am going to bali staying at the puri raja and its my birthday while we are there. Whats a good place to celebrate, we love all kinds of food and we just love our drinks. Also can anyone tell me what the puri raja is really like, we are staying in a superiour room.

I havent been to bali for 16years so I need some advice.

Thanks

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,210 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats a great resturant near puri raja legian

Hello. There are a number of reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor for you to read through.

So many great restaurants to choose from. Have a look at those suggested on these forum pages. Personally I love LaLucciola and The Living Room - both a little further north of you in Seminyak, around a 10 minute cab ride away. If you love Indonesian food, go to Ketupat in Kuta. However, for your birthday I would go for somewhere with water views, ie LaLucciola, GadoGado or choose from a number of others.

You will see lots of changes in Bali - lots good, some not so, but that is progress.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whats a great resturant near puri raja legian

Thankyou for your message. Yeah i think i may be in for a shock with the changes in bali. But i am looking forward to going. we are staying in sanur for 3nights then kuta for 3 then legian for 7 so i hope to see alot while we are there.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whats a great resturant near puri raja legian

There are several beachside restaurants further along the beach just past Kumala Pantai... Lanai, Blue Ocean, Zanzibar.

Perth
Level Contributor
135 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whats a great resturant near puri raja legian

HI,

Was at the Puri Raja in May (Great Hotel)

If you are looking for somewhere within walking distance with a great menu its Lamonde. There are two Lamonde's both owned by the same people & both are just a short walk from the hotel.

The one which is a little further away (maybe a 5-10 minute walk) is really nice at night. The restaurant is open air style on the rooftop and you get that nice Bali Breeze.

There is heaps to choose from on the menu and everything is YUMMO (indo,western,italian)

If you want something really spectacular I have been recommend Laluciola in Seminyak over looking the beach

A restaurant for great indo food is Ketupat (short taxi ride its not far from Poppies)

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: whats a great resturant near puri raja legian

I prefer Ketupat 2, a lot more bigger and spacious.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: whats a great resturant near puri raja legian

Thanks for your suggestions.

Could you please give me an insight on the puri raja.

Such as what the rooms are like. I s there much grass area to sit on. I have read alot of good and bad on the puri raja was wondering if I have made a good choice or not.

We wanted a deluxe room but none available so we had to take a superior room.

One again thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: whats a great resturant near puri raja legian

Hi Tracrickal

Have to agree with Raven567, on La Monde 1 good menu, prices very reasonable, close to hotel and Bar across the road has happy hour to about 10.00pm (for Beer only I think). Good restaurant for a largish group. Turn right from hotel entrance and walk back towards Jalan Padma not much more than 5 minute walk on right hand side of street. There are more lavish restaurants around for “special occasions” but you tend to pay more.

Just back from Bali, checked out Puri Raja for next trip, long narrow block, and two pools one near reception which is quite, other near restaurant well patronised. Rooms (Superior) a little on the small side but very clean with Modern Minimalist Décor. I was very impressed with the hotel and it’s my choice for next year. Compared to what you may have stayed in 16 years ago I think you may be happy with your choice.

Cheers

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: whats a great resturant near puri raja legian

Thankyou

was a little worried about the puri raja but alot of people seem to like it so I think I will too. last time i was in bali i stayed at the bali intan which is no longer there.

Perth
Level Contributor
135 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: whats a great resturant near puri raja legian

HI

Puri Raja is a smaller property next door to the Niksoma in Legian. It has a walking path out the front of the hotel which takes you to Seminyak & a restaurant which overlooks the beach

I belive that there is only around 40 rooms which means neither of the 2 pools are ever full and you can always get a lounger

We prefered the pool nearer to reception because it was always quiet and the water was cooler

At this pool there is no drink Or food service but we never had a problem taking our duty free Or ordering room service and asking them to deliver to the pool (small resort so its not far to go back to the room)

There is a nice grass area near this pool also

The rooms are very basic and a little on the small side. However we found them to be clean and comfortable. (dont spend much time in the room anyway)

We personally prefer the gound floor rooms which have a little terrace and small garden whith some chairs and a small table

My only 1 gripe about the room would be that the curtains are quite sheer so at night they let light in (next time we go I will put a blaket up to block the light)

For what you pay this hotel is an absolute bargain.

Hope this helps let me know if you have any other questions

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: whats a great resturant near puri raja legian

Puri Raja is great hotel. I have stayed in both types of rooms.

Check my reviews.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g608487-d119…

Restaurants: There are plenty close by. All the restaurants on the beachfront that are 10 minutes walk from PR are great. Seaside, Lanai, Blue Ocean, Zanzibar

I like Poco Loco (Mexican) as well which is just around the corner out the road entrance.

Puri Raja still has a very balinese feel to it so shouldn't be too much of a shock for you after not being there for so long.

Enjoy!