We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Dynasty or Bali Padma

Perth
Level Contributor
578 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bali Dynasty or Bali Padma

Hi There

Just back from Phuket and are thinking of returning to Bali after 13 years last time there 1996 ! H

Have stayed previously at these two hotels but know they have been renovated etc since any advice etc on rooms/your views and which of the 2 are better have looked at previous reviews and have mixed feelings re dynasty we have 3 children 12 11 9 thinking of going Aug 2010 not looking for kids clubs the slide at the dynasty looks fantastic but dont want to be surrounded by kids 24/7 especially when we have our own !

Is the Dynasty the better option dont want it to be like Butlins or lots of rowdy kids has anyone stayed in te studio rooms or had 2 rooms interconnecting ? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Poppies Bali
Poppies Bali
#1 of 255 hotels in Kuta
The Kana Kuta
The Kana Kuta
#5 of 255 hotels in Kuta
Febri's Hotel & Spa
Febri's Hotel & Spa
#7 of 255 hotels in Kuta
Perth
Level Contributor
339 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bali Dynasty or Bali Padma

Hi Mich

I wouldn't be booking for next August yet. Over the last 12 months there have been some amazing airfares from Perth. I picked up 4 return flights for next April for $800.00. There are currently flights with Garuda for around $280 each but I don' think they extend until next August.

Book your flights, then get your accommodation. Have a look at Kumala Pantai. I haven't stayed there but reports are really good. We are going next April and have a 2 bedroom apartment for less than $200/night. You combine this with cheap airfares and it is very reasonable.

Another option, although you are all in the same room is Febris. Rooms take up to 5 people and apparently are huge - I can confirm this for you in 19 days!!!

We also looked at the Dynasty again for our holiday in October. I was quoted $7500 for the 4 of us for 2 weeks. I did my homework and we are only paying $3800 for the 2 weeks - in my opinion, the Dynasty is not worth the extra $3700!

Just keep looking!

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
Hotel Kumala Pantai
Hotel Kumala Pantai
834 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Febri's Hotel & Spa
Febri's Hotel & Spa
1,830 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Perth
Level Contributor
578 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bali Dynasty or Bali Padma

Thanks Sparky I did see the Garuda Flights advertised they extend only till march 2010 I definately want 2 rooms though the family room does not sound fantastic to me thanks for your advice on the hotels may wait a bit longer until we book anywhere.

Sydney
Level Contributor
801 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bali Dynasty or Bali Padma

Bali accomodation doesn't have to be expensive. the hotels you are looking at are international 5 star (Padma). I am not sure what accomodation you had in Phuket but from my experience Phuket more expensive for top end hotels. Try the Kamala Panthai, Febris

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Padma Resort Legian
Padma Resort Legian
6,452 Reviews
Legian, Indonesia
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Febri's Hotel & Spa
Febri's Hotel & Spa
1,830 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
549 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bali Dynasty or Bali Padma

Hi.

That is expensive. We just arrived back yesturday from staying at the dynasty and would recomend it 100% My kids are 8 & 11 and we had 2 deluxe interconnecting rooms. We hardly saw the kids as they were busy on the slide or with the activities organised for them such as watermelon eating comps and pool pillow fights. There are alot of kids there but we just hang out in the adults only area and it is very peaceful and relaxing and the kids are always happy. We have stayed 3 times at Dynasty and it is even nicer since its renovation. Have been to padma also but myself and the kids all prefer the dynasty. Great end of town also. Awesome food and reasonable prices aswell.

It is cheaper to book through a booking site then the dynasty itself. We stayed for 8 nights with breakfast and flew air asia and it cost us $3300 for all 4 of us in the 2 rooms.

Goodluck

Perth
Level Contributor
459 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bali Dynasty or Bali Padma

greent007

Did that include airfares? I like the look of the Dynasty but would not pay $400+ per night

Singapore
Level Contributor
185 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bali Dynasty or Bali Padma

The 4 or 5 star hotels in Phuket are of higher quality than equivalent rated hotels in Bali.

For example the 4 star Holiday Inn in Phuket is clearly superior to the 4 star Bali Dynasty.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Victoria
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bali Dynasty or Bali Padma

I cannot vouch for this hotel enough: Ramada Bintang.

It is located next door pretty much to the Dynasty and is a massive complex however there were hardly any kids,a few my age but no younguns which was great. Also the price was much more competive when we phoned up. The hotel is in tip-top shape and I will definatly be staying there next time I return.

Mentioned in this post
Bintang Bali Resort
Bintang Bali Resort
1,300 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
18. Re: Bali Dynasty or Bali Padma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 04, 2010