We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help on Kumala Pantai

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
127 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Need help on Kumala Pantai

Hi, my husband and I are planning for our honeymoon to Bali, and we're planning to stay in Kuta for 4 days. We had narrowed down the hotel choices to Masa Inn,Kuta Puri Bungalows & Kusnadi. We're looking for something affordable, easy access to beach, shopping & food but at the same time not jeopardizing our 'honeymoon' feel. Also, I'm a light sleeper. Which of it would be the best? Really appreciate your comment.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Need help on Kumala Pantai

We stayed at Kumala Pantai in April in SG Block. found the rooms were excellent. There was no unwanted noise from nearby nightclubs ??? It was very quiet. Rooms are very spacious in the new blocks. The bed was king size and the bathrooms are great. I have heard that BaliDiscovery is a reliable place to book through, but we booked direct with the hotel.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Need help on Kumala Pantai

I've used Bali Discovery before too, with no problems. Have stayed in the Kumala Pantai and it was very peaceful on a night time, no noise at all. Breakfast was a bit mad though, like a lot of large hotels.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,033 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Need help on Kumala Pantai

Hi PerthLily,

Rooms have A/C, a balcony with a table and 2 chairs, as safe and you'll have a fridge, kettle, some instant coffee and tea.

As for the size of the beds, I honestly don't know.

Last May the price for a Deluxe room was 575 000 rp all included (taxes and breakfast)

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
127 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Need help on Kumala Pantai

Finally I’ve got the reply from KP. One question: I had all the while presume that Legian beach is like 10-15 minutes walk to Kuta shopping street area until I came across a blog saying that KP is 15 minutes ‘drive’ to Kuta. Can anyone comment on this?

I was hoping that I could walk from KP to Kuta to shop whenever I want, instead of taking a taxi.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Need help on Kumala Pantai

Kuta central from KP is about a 25 min brisk walk along the beach. I would suggest catching a taxi to Kuta, about 25000Rp (very cheap) and work your way back on foot as there are shops all the way back to KP, or just catch taxi back if tired. Try to shop in mornings as afternoons can be very warm. There are also plenty of shops in the immediate area of Legian itself.

Cheers

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
127 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Need help on Kumala Pantai

Thanks SydneyOldBoy. Gosh.. I had always thought it's just a stroll away from Kuta so I can walk there, go back to hotel to nap when I'm tired or whatsoever.

17. Re: Need help on Kumala Pantai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 01, 2010