We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legian or Tuban accommodation choices with teenage girls?

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
196 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Legian or Tuban accommodation choices with teenage girls?

After months of dreaming, I finally bit the bullet and booked for myself and my 2 teenage daughters for April 2010. I have sort of narrowed our first 4 nights down to either Kumala Pantai (although I am a little hesitant as I have read the beds are too hard), or Febris or Vira Bali. How do they all compare in terms of price, location, quality and cleanliness? I really don't care about the beach but I don't want something too noisy or too far from shopping and good food! Also I noticed a couple of good reviews regarding Kusnadi but haven't been able to find out a lot about it. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Krisna Sunset Road
Gift & Specialty Shops
Kuta Shopping Street
Gift & Specialty Shops
Bamboo Balance
Gift & Specialty Shops
Joger Park
Gift & Specialty Shops
Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Legian or Tuban accommodation choices with teenage girls?

Hi Linda & Andrea,

I'm not going to argue with you about whether I live in Bali or not or how do I do the business. Just google it and you'll see.

Perhaps both of you never wandering around the beach area after 11 pm, perhaps both of you already sleep with the noisy AC or TV on.

If you go out from KP to the beach and take the right hand side than you know what I'm talking about. You won't see anything before 11 pm though. Just ask the KP staffs where is Deja Vu, La Vida Locca, Bacio or even 66. Ask whether they are far from KP or just literally next door?

I hope we are talking about the same KP which owned by a Chinese guy from Surabaya, the one who just put on all those golden colour iron gates all over their walls and make it look like a jail or a castle with those spot lights? Depends in which perspective?

I suggest Pelangi as it's not near any night clubs, although Dyana Pura street is the center of night clubs all right.

Hope it explains,

Sandra

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,046 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Legian or Tuban accommodation choices with teenage girls?

I can honestly say that after 5 stays at kumala pantai since May 06 I've heard music 1 time.

There are might clubs nearby on the beach yes.

I must also point out that I go there in the off season (april or october).

My last stay there was in May 09.

The two pools are great, the old one is huge. Staff is great and I still see the same faces (staff and guests) every time I stay. One australian couple was there for all 5 of my stays... talk about deja vu.

Never had a problem with the beds but I do acknowledge this is a very personal taste.

Have fun planning whatever your final choice is.

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
196 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Legian or Tuban accommodation choices with teenage girls?

Sorry girls - I didn't want to start an argument - besides KP is booked out when I want to stay there anyway!!! I have booked Poppies right amongst the action in Kuta. I am just worried that it may be a bit TOO peaceful and isolated behind the big wall and the girls might prefer to meet and mix with other young people around the pool etc. And the extra $50 less a night could go towards more shopping, massages and cocktails! Am still possibly interested in Kusnadi, Satriya Cottages , possibly Adi Dharma Hotel. Something smaller, quiet and with a Balinese feel to it. It must be CLEAN and a nice private pool/garden setting. Can anyone recommend one of these over the others overall? It is so hard to tell from a website photo...

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Legian or Tuban accommodation choices with teenage girls?

No arguments anywhere Mandie.

You will need to really think about what you want though, you can't really have a quiet small place if you do want the girls to be able to mix with others. They will find that in the bigger resorts.

Did you see my post regarding the Naga Maya and Resort Tunjung??

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
196 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Legian or Tuban accommodation choices with teenage girls?

Hi again Linda - you must be sick of me and my indecision and I certainly don't mean to annoy anyone!! I THINK I will stay with Poppies but am just a little worried that there will be NO-ONE for the girls to talk to but me as most people who go there seem to be couples (and they would soon get sick of just me and each other). By quiet and small I just mean no loud partygoers or nightclub music keeping us awake all night, and not too many young families with screaming kids(it will be school holidays). I just want a happy medium, quietish but not deserted. I don't want (and can't afford) a big flashy hotel. I looked at the Villas you mentioned - stunning, yes, but over my budget and I prefer a hotel or cottage type complex to a Villa.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Legian or Tuban accommodation choices with teenage girls?

The only loud , music blaring, party atmosphere hotels will be those like the Bounty , Paradiso, Hard Rock, or those the teenagers love.

You will find any of the 3-4 star places are very quiet at night as 99% of guests go out to eat and party.

Don't worry about being indecisive but I think perhaps you got turned off a few places for the wrong reasons. I can assure you i have never been kept up because of noise from any hotels I have stayed at. The Resort Tunjung could suit Mandie as it is a small complex with good bungalow style accomodation from 2 -4 bedroom. It's in a good location.

You are going to have a few problems getting accomodation in the smaller places at Easter, they do book out well in advance.

Good luck, it will all fall into place soon.

17. Re: Legian or Tuban accommodation choices with teenage girls?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 20, 2010