We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st timers advice plz??

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
geelong
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1st timers advice plz??

traveling with two kids and the misses, age 9 and 11, looking for kid friendly accom, great pools etc, probably not right in kuta, but 15, 20 minute walk is ok, budget no issue, wanting quality though.

any help would be great,

Thanks!!

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,022 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st timers advice plz??

Bali Dynasty seems to be a real favourite with families. It's very close to Waterbom Park and easy walking distance to great shopping, restaurants, bars etc.

Have a look on their website www.balidynasty.com

Paralowie, Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st timers advice plz??

We always stay at Discovery Kartika Plaza. It is great with a kids club, kids pool and very child friendly. I do agree with the previous poster that the Dynasty is a great choice. Not far from DKP.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,599 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st timers advice plz??

A friend recently stayed with his family at Hard Rock and they loved it.

it is in kuta....but can't beat it's pools etc apparently.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st timers advice plz??

Was there in July school holidays. It was very busy, however you did not really notice the people. Took my 10 year old who hates kids clubs and refused to join this one, but just went along with everything they did and he meet some great friends both other kids and the staff. We hardly saw him and had to drag him out of there when we wanted to go shopping. The pool bar during happy hour is great, try the bucket of whatever cockatil u want. We love it so much we have booked to go back again

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st timers advice plz??

Hi Dangerdan,

Dynasty is the absolute family resort and it's 15 minutes walk to Kuta Square. They have huge slides. Hard Rock has short slide but with white sand pool and island. The rest are in Nusa Dua and Sanur, so you can't walk to Kuta if you stay there.

Hope it helps,

Sandra

Adelaide Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st timers advice plz??

We stayed in Hard Rock and you cant beat it - it is in South Kuta but once you get behind the big walls you cant hear a thing. Pool is the biggest in Asia so you never feel crowded - with 2 slides (not massive but my 10 year old loved it) Swin up bar does Cocktails and Mocktails so kids had a blast sitting up and having their own drinks.

You can rent these cabanas with daybeds in them for 15AUS a day - worth it !!!

The funniest thing was the waiter on rollerblades bring us our pizza

We had a loft room which I recommend and couldnt hear the bands at all

Spa is great there and the food excellent - western and indonesian

Plus it is only a 3 minute walk to poppies where no doubt you will spend alot of time

Perth, Australia
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st timers advice plz??

Hi Dangerdan3.We once stayed in Sanur.The place is ok but too far from 'things'! after that have always stayed in Tuban,fantastically located,as only a short walk to Kuta opposite water Bom Park.Any of the 4* or 5* hotels along there would be ok.BTW make sure you take a water bottle with you when when walking into Kuta!Becoming ill through dehydration is very unpleasant.Good luck.

perth
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st timers advice plz??

when my son was younger stayed at dynasty 4 times

excellent staff, prices for kids good,kids eat free at buffets etc. rooms a bit average. much prefered to kartika and santika if you have kids. dont stay there any more but do visit dimsum for lunch.to be honest you cant beat the service,just everyone elses kids get on my nerves now

Perth
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st timers advice plz??

I would recommend The Patra Bali. Have stayed their many times. The kids club is great and there are 3 pools. ( one big one were there are plenty of other kids to play with. Plus 2 other adults only pools). And it is only a short walk along the beack to Kuta

Sydney
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st timers advice plz??

Hi

I think you have been given a slice of bali in the replies based upon 15-20 minute Kuta walk.

If you were prepared to stray a bit further can i suggest the Intercontinental at Jimbaran Bay.

Why?

Excellent kids club (best of lot in that areas), good quality well maintained hotel although some rooms are a bit worn. Lots of pools and different restaurants and activities.

Location is good in that it is out of the hustle and bustle in Jimbaran which is not far away and has its own nice features - it is more of a fishing village and has local markets fish and regular which are worth a visit. Beach is long and lots of kids play on it of an evening.

I suspect there are similar maybe up near legian or Seminyak or Sanur. Jimbaran's location just suits us better for going surfing etc.

Not a bad place to launch from to visit other places either. Kuta, Ubud etc.

My wife and I have stayed there many times and we have also stayed at the Four Seasons and what was the Ritz Carlton. This is our pick with and without kids. We don't like Nusa Dua much. Whilst the hotels are lovely it is quite isolated - a bit of an enclave for want of a better word - and you don't seem to get the full flavour of bali as a result.

Rob