We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephant Safari Park

QLD
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Elephant Safari Park

Heading to Bali in September with kids and we are interested in going to the Elephant Safari Park. How long does the elephant ride last for and is it value for money?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elephant Safari Park

The entrance fee for the park is $35 USD and this includes everything except feeding the baby elephants (10,000 rupiah) and riding an elephant/camel etc, (100,000 rupiah). The ride lasts about 10 minutes and is around a path beside a stream.

The web site is

balisafarimarinepark.com/BaliSafariFrontPage…

QLD
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Elephant Safari Park

Thanks Whinnie

Have you been there yourself?

Do you think it's worth it?

B

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elephant Safari Park

We had a wonderful day there but it was a bit cheaper when we went ($25). But are planning on going back in January with some Bali virgins.

I love Elephants but had an amazing and incredible experience holding an orangutan. So much so that I am now passionate about protecting them in the wild.

He swung himself around to wrap all his limbs around me and was stroking the back of my head with one hand. The keepers had to literally pry his limbs from my body so the next person could have their turn. We stayed and watched for a while and he didn't react that way to anyone else that we saw. I was very lucky to have my son taking photos of the whole thing and I have the experience in photos. It's these photos that made our friends want to go in January. Hubby and son still talk about my love affair with Bron.

It was a totally unexpected experience that I will never forget. And even if you don't agree with the amount of human contact the animals are given, in my opinion, it's worthwhile, as I am now a devoted convert to the conservation of orangutans. An animal I knew nothing about before that day.

We have been to Disney's Animal Kingdom in Florida and our experiences at the Safari Park were 200% better (and a hell of a lot cheaper).

I can't guarantee that you will have the same experience I did, but I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it.

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elephant Safari Park

Yep, I agree with Whinnie, the safari park was a wonderful experience.

The elephant ride was quite short, but certainly long enough for my little ones and we all loved it.

We had a similar experience with a baby orangutan. Her name was Effie and we went to visit with her right at the end of the day. She was getting a bit annoyed at being held by a young couple and was trying to get away. When she saw our girls she reached her hand out to them and hugged them. She then played lots of hand games with them and touched their faces gently! No-one else was waiting to sit with her and she was having so much fun so the keeper let us stay for ages. We didn't want to leave, she was so gorgeous. It was as if she said finally, some kids to play with!!

Our girls also loved the water playground there. Certainly allow a whole day. We went there straight after breakfast and didn't leave until 5pm.

We will be taking my sister's family back in August.

QLD
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Elephant Safari Park

Thanks Whinnie and Andrea

it sounds as good as I'd hoped

I'll definately be putting it our itinerary as I'm sure our kids will love it

Are there any other places you would recommend?

B

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Elephant Safari Park

This is a link to our "Things to do" list. There are heaps of ideas on it.

Waterbom park is another great day for the all ages.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k265…

australia
Level Contributor
552 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Elephant Safari Park

I believe the cost of the elephant ride has gone up - no longer 100,000. Sorry not sure of the new cost. Great day there though - have been twice now and there is so much to see and do - the babt orangatang is the best part I thought. I didn't really trust the lion cub, just couldn't get my head around having a lion so close.

England
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Elephant Safari Park

Which elephant park are you talking about? - we went to taro park which was excellent - the park you are talking about sounds a little suspect

Byron Bay
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Elephant Safari Park

We went in July 08 with our 3 children to an Elepant Safari Park which was endorsed by the late Steve Irwin... The ride lasted longer than 10 minutes - more like 15-20 and was FABULOUS. Through the forest/farmland and ending in a water pool. I would highly recommend it with or without children. It wasn't cheap but the place was superbly maintained and the animals were well cared for. Unlike Bali Zoo (which was very upsetting). There is a Safari Park which has shorter elephant rides and many other animals so I'm not sure which one you're referring to?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Elephant Safari Park

We are talking about the Safari and Marine Park in Gianyar. It's not suspect at all, it's a great family day out with hundreds of different animals and marine life, not just elephants.

As I said we have been to Disney's Animal Kingdom in Florida and this was better. The safari ride where you drive through the animals in their natural habitat was so much better because the views of the animals were so good. At Disney you were lucky to see any animals and they were off in the distance. Here because it is laid out so much better, you feel like you could (if it were possible) just reach out and touch the animals.

One suggestion though, go on a week day. We went on a Sunday as we took our Balinese grandson and grand-daughter. The shows were all in Indonesian on the Sunday, they are in English on the weekdays. It was more important to us that our grandchildren could understand the shows, rather than us. We got the gist anyway.