We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuta - Legian Accommodation for family

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Kuta - Legian Accommodation for family

Hi there

Can any one give me some ideas for accommodation for the following

Family of 4 2 adults 2 children aged 6 & 4 - Mum is in a wheelchair.

and

Grandparents who will want there own room.

I have a couple of thoughts but would like some input

I was thinking Bali Garden Hotel, Inna Kuta (Natour)

Kumala Pantai and the Jayakarta.

Has anyone stayed at these hotels that can give me feedback, and has any one else got suggestions for a good family hotel.

Thanks

Redned08

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuta - Legian Accommodation for family

Hello Redned08,

I can only comment on Kumala Pantai. The ambassador suites are on the ground floor, which would suit your family of 4 and there is a wheelchair/pram ramp from reception down to the hotel grounds. Grandparents could stay close by in a deluxe room. The hotel has paths throughout, although maybe a bit bumpy! Along the beachfront road, travel would be difficult in a wheelchair due to boom gates. We had a little one in a stroller and had to lift her over the boom gates each time. We stayed at this hotel in August also with 2 children aged 6 and 4. They had an absolute ball!!!

Andrea

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,823 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuta - Legian Accommodation for family

have a look at the febris hotel in south kuta. they have large ground floor family rooms also deluxe rooms would suit the grandparents. sanur would also be a good option as there is a great paved walkway along the beach front suitable for wheel chairs.

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuta - Legian Accommodation for family

Thank you - Yes the Febri is nice but we really want beach front.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuta - Legian Accommodation for family

Hi Redned 08

As Andrea has already mentioned the boom gates will create a problem for you, going from Legian Beach down to Kumala Pantai along the beachfront path.

The footpaths down this way(roadside)are up and down,I prefer to walk on the road,so much easier.

I would look at Tuban and the beachfront hotels, and those on Jl Kartika Plaza where you should be able to get along the footpath most of the way, without too many hassles, but if you come to a hiccup can move out onto the road for that section.(maybe not so much at night though) At the moment the sea walls and beachfront paths are taking shape and you will be able to wheel quite comfortably along the beachfront,(just like at Sanur) past the hotels and you can already start from Bali Garden Hotel,past Discovery Mall heading further south.

Burns

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuta - Legian Accommodation for family

Hi Burns

Thanks for your input - are the not able to raise the boomgates at all? I am leaning more to the Kumala Pantai but all things have to be considered. where are the boomgates - it would be unlikely with young kids that we would walk any great distances. Bree is able to jump of the chair and walk small distances (like around the gates ) and the wheelchair is lightweight.

Also can you tell me if there is a swim up bar at either of the pools.

thanks

Redned08

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuta - Legian Accommodation for family

Hi Redned08

There is one boom gate between K/P and Puri Raja, we had to lift suitcases over that one last year, then there are at least two more,maybe three, one past the Melasti,?near Padma and one closer to Legian Beach hotel,(note to self, take photo's of these next time) one was pushed open this year,they don't lift up, you have to go over the top and a couple have a turnstile on one end.

K/P new pool has swim up bar, original pool has bar next to pool.

Burns

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuta - Legian Accommodation for family

Thanks Burns

Apart from the boomgates i am leaning more to the Kumala Pantai. My reason for this is that I have stayed down the Kuta end several times at the Aneka and Inna Kuta. I find that other than Matahari and the shops down there there is a lack of atmosphere and restaurants. I know there are plenty around but when my now big kids where little we used to stay at Resor Seminyak and come into Legian at Melasti street and always found the restaurants around there more family friendly etc. Do you have an opionion on this. It is about 3 years since we where there.

redned08

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuta - Legian Accommodation for family

Yes, I agree that the atmosphere is more family friendly and laid back in legian. There are 4 or 5 nice restaurants along the beach front, including the hotels own restaurant The Sands, we used these restaurants alot. Then out of reception there are some great warungs. Warung Asia had spring rolls to die for! The kids loved going to The Flying Piano because there was a band and free drinks on arrival!

We stayed at the Dynasty last year and I thought maybe the kids would miss the slide and kids club but they actually prefered it at KP and so did we. The beach is much nicer here.

Andrea

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kuta - Legian Accommodation for family

Thanks Andrea

Another reason that I am being put off Kuta is that I hear they are building a seawall right along from Tuban to Kuta which is restricting access to the beach. Does anyone know about this.

Redned08

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kuta - Legian Accommodation for family

Hi Redned08

Please don't be put off by the new sea walls. We stayed at Bali Hai in 2004 and had not walked along the beachfront at Tuban since then. The only time i saw the beach was when i took photos from Discovery Mall beach side probably 2006.(we have stayed in Legian since then)

Our friends live down the road from Bali Hai and we went down there several times to see how the renovations are going,walked along the path infront of the Patra, and then walked along the path again up to the Discovery Mall.

It is looking fabulous,it will be much quicker to walk along here rather than along Kartika Plaza if you are staying at one of the beachside hotels.I could'nt believe it was the same beach,much nicer than when we were staying at B/H as we many times walked into Kuta along the beach and back to B/H. They have made steps in the sea walls so you can get down to the beach.

Cheers

Burns