We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current AUD Exchange rate in Kuta

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
176 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Current AUD Exchange rate in Kuta

Can anyone who has been to Kuta recently advise what the current exchange rates are for AUD notes at hotels in Kuta? When I was there in Feb it was between 7800 & 8000. I just wonder if it has dropped because AUD is not as strong against USD these days.

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
667 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current AUD Exchange rate in Kuta

My friend was there about 4 weeks ago and said they were getting between 8,800 to 8,900 to the AU$1

I used this link

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

at the time and it was showing about the same exchange.

It currently shows the exchange rate to be

1.00 AUD = 8,168.02 IDR

Hope this helps.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current AUD Exchange rate in Kuta

I got between 8650 and 8800 at authorised changers in Kuta beginning of July. Hotels wouldn't be as good.

It has dropped since then. Low 8000's

It's no use worrying about what the rate is today as it will change every day.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Current AUD Exchange rate in Kuta

Hi Veebes

I arrived in Bali on 26 July and the exchange rate for the Aussie dollar was 8650, however it continued to drop from there. Last Friday 8 August it was down to 8100. Seriousl though... you will hardly notice it.

Just go and enjoy and just be smart about which money changers you use..

Regards... Princi62

Perth
Level Contributor
403 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current AUD Exchange rate in Kuta

I was there until the 9th August. I was getting 8100

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
176 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current AUD Exchange rate in Kuta

Thanks so much for the updates. Doesn't seem like the difference is too great and of course they will change day to day. It does appear the rates are definately better in Kuta than they are here in Australia.

6. Re: Current AUD Exchange rate in Kuta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, October 07, 2009