We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bali hotels

melbourne
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bali hotels

we are interested in going to bali next year and are wondering about a few things

firstly is the security tight?

what airlines are people flying?

recommendations for hotels in bali ? must have a LARGE pool.

Bali vs Phuket , we have been to patong and stayed at the holiday inn busakorn wing which we loved ,the location etc was great.

Medical facilities as I am type 1 diabetic

ANy advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bali
Level Contributor
327 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bali hotels

The best security all around Bali is the Nusa Dua Area!!

Airlines: if budget i suggest jetstar or air asia , if not budget : Singapore airlines or Qantas..but garuda Indonesia is also great with their Airbus 330..

Largest Pool Hotel,Number 1 on the island is The Hard Rock Hotel..

try the pool at the Grand Hyatt...is Huge also!!!

well if you're on medication etc, why dont you go to Nusa Dua area where all the International Hotel from the Westin, St Regis, Hyatt...it has 24 Hr doctor...i think, not sure of other area!

good luck!

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bali hotels

Hi Madison

Security is good. Hotels have seriously upgraded security since 1st bombing. We always fly Garuda. Prefer Garuda to Qantas. Bali International Medical Centre is a very good place to attend if you need help.

Have a look at their web site www.bimc.com They have xray facilities, pathology (basic) etc and are very well equipped. The hotels usually have a "house doctor" who will attend in your room and you can either pay direct or charge to your room bill. Le Meridien at Tanah Lot has a huge pool and water slide. The Padma has a big pool, so does the Ramada Bintang. I believe the Patra does as well. Sorry, pools are not important to me, so am not full bottle on them!!

As you will be taking insulin with you, make sure you have a doctor's letter outlining your condition and the need for syringes/medications etc. That way you will not have any dramas at customs if you are challenged.

Hope some of this is of assistance to you. Let me know if I can help some more.

cheers

wendy

Perth
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bali hotels

I took my daughter to BMIC in 2004 when she got a sick. They were superb so you definitely don't need to worry about the medication facilities. Security is very tight - all vehicles are checked going into hotels. There are so many excellent hotels in Bali but it depends whether you want to stay in Seminyak, Sanur, Kuta, Tuban or further out at Ubud. How many are in your group and what sort of holiday are you looking for. Is it just adults or are there children also. Let us know and we can help you with some choices.

4. Re: bali hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, October 03, 2009