We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap authentic restaurants in Kuta

Ontario
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
cheap authentic restaurants in Kuta

Hi, here is a last minue plea -- we leave in 2 days. Could you recommend chepa, authentic restaurant within walking distance of the beach in Kuta? Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap authentic restaurants in Kuta

Hi taylorone

Don't know how authentic these are, but they are cheap.This is our 'favourite' warung in Jl Benesari off Poppies 2.in Kuta'Warung Wulan'. Two main courses and 2 or 3 drinks, 45,000Rup around $6.43 Aust.It is cheap, we enjoy the food,very popular and usually busy, depending on what time of night you are there. They have a Pizza oven out the front and do good pizzas.Across the lane is 'Warung Linggar', same owner but the food is not quite the same(our opinion) as 'Wulan'.

These have been recommended by others:

Bamboo Corner Poppies 1.

Bali Corner off Jl Benesari and Poppies 2.

Bali Brazil/ or may be Warung Brasil off Jl Benesari

Enhay Cafe Jl Benesari

Warung Kita Jl Benesari.

Gong Warung just off Poppies 2

?Rainbow Cafe,opp the Bounty Hotel,

Treehouse Poppies 1.

Enjoy the 'food trail' and have a great holiday!

Burns

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap authentic restaurants in Kuta

Agree with all above.

Although not really "authentic" as they cater to the tourist trade. VERY good though

From the beach walk up Poppies 1. There are lots of places there. Or up Poppies 2. Turn left into Benasari for some great choices (as listed above).

I love Enhays fried rice. YYUUUMM and cheap at less than $2 with chicken drumstick, egg and cracker. Also try their lemon juice. mmmmmm

Ontario
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap authentic restaurants in Kuta

Thanks so much. (wow, I sure included a lot of typos when I wrote that note at 6 a.m.!)

Ontario
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap authentic restaurants in Kuta

Me again. Can you tell me where Enhays is?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap authentic restaurants in Kuta

Hi taylorone

Glad we could help!

Enhay Cafe is on Jl Benesari which is off Poppies 2.Coming in from the beach Bounty Hotel will be on your left then Bali Corner on cnr of Benesari and Poppies 2. If coming off Legian St, pass Pub Bagus on your left and Benesari is on your right. Hotel Barong is almost opposite Jl Benesari.Once you find it, the next time will be much easier!!!Trust me.Just take your compass!!!!like the Boy Scouts.

Cheers

Burns

6. Re: cheap authentic restaurants in Kuta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, September 24, 2009