We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recomended Accmodation with Baby

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cobram, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recomended Accmodation with Baby

I am planning on visiting Bali in October for the first time and I am looking for some advice on a few things. I will be traveliing with my wife and my 12 month old baby son.

I am wanting some advice firstly on which region would be most suitable and then some accmodation suggestions. I am looking for a relatively quite region near the beach that also has nearby eating options outside of the hotel. Would be happy to pay up to $175 USD per night.

Look forward to anyone's commetns or suggestions.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recomended Accmodation with Baby

you should consider sanur for sure. this is the best place with a young child. the beach here is calm and there is a 7km walkway along the beach front which is suitable for a pram / stroller. sanur has some very good restaurants and the beach front hotels are ideal. the whole area is less hustle and bustle like kuta and even legian. there is less traffic. you are only a 20 - 30 minute taxi drive from most places in bali and sanur is a good place to base yourself. i prefer to stay in sanur each year when i have my kids with me. my youngest is now 3 and has been numerous times. there are green bemos which constantly go along the main road so you can get on and off at restaurants and shops where ever you like. there is also a good supermarket to stock up on necessary items. there are also good restaurants along the beach front.

i stay at the bali hyatt which is fantastic. you could also look at puri santrian, mercure or griya santrian, just to name a few. there are also some nice villas but these may not be as suitable with a young one since the private pool access is usually only steps from the villa.

perth, western...
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recomended Accmodation with Baby

I agree with Snooky - Sanur is definately the best option for young children - even just for the walkway which is stroller friendly. Bali Hyatt would be a good choice as it is right on the beach. I've been going with my girl since she was born (now 5) and never had any problems (sickness etc). Just don't let him pat the dogs or cats as my daughter wanted to do - you'll see why when you see them under your table on the beach! You can buy all you need for baby at the supermarket so you don't need to pack much unless he is on a particular brand of formula etc. My daughter loved the banana pancakes for breakfast lunch and dinner!

Enjoy your holiday

Lou

3. Re: Recomended Accmodation with Baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, September 18, 2009