We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a day of snorkelling

Which Kuta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
804 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
a day of snorkelling

We will be based in Kuta. We are serious snorkellers and would like to do at least a day of snorkelling. Is it possible to go to 2 or 3 sites in one day? Would you recommend hiring a driver to do this, or is it easy to rent a car and drive?

1. Re: a day of snorkelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:04 am, March 13, 2012
perth
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: a day of snorkelling

I would suggest doing the Ocean Rafting operated by one of the boating companies, you go to some spectacular snorkelling sites off Bali's 3 sister islands. Well worth the cost for the day. We have done this 3 times now and never get tired of it. We head back in May for 3 weeks and this wil be on our list of to do's again.

Have fun.

Ontario
Level Contributor
804 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a day of snorkelling

Hi

Is 'Ocean Rafting' the name of a particular itinerary, or is it the type of boat (a raft??)? In other words, what do we ask for, to get this trip? What are the 3 sister islands? Thanks!!

perth
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: a day of snorkelling

check this out: balicruises.com/sea/…ocean_rafting.html

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a day of snorkelling

Hi,

There are lots of lovely spots to snorkel and dive in Bali BUT as you are based in Kuta and want to do a day trip, I would advise you to go to Nusa Lembongan.

Nusa Lembongan is an island off Bali - which is the most convenient place for you to snorkel. You can do a day trip there. Nusa Penida's currents are quite strong and so you must be careful. I didn't enjoy snorkelling at Nusa Penida. Lembongan was a little better. If you do head there, check out the seaweed farms - they have been featured in Yann Arthus Betrand's coffee table book, Earth from the Air. You should be able to find that in any good bookshop all ove the world.

For me, the best place to snorkel is actually Menjangan Island, but that is a 3 h drive to the west, then 30 mins by boat. Amed, Tulamben, Padangbai, Blue Lagoon are also OK, BUT they are also quite far away (min an hour, depending on traffic, though I think that there is a relatively new road from Sanur to the east...not sure..) and you should try to hit these spots in the morning.

I have snorkelled at all the spots mentioned above and Menjangan is by far the nicest. Amed and Tulamben are in the east (both have wrecks there) and the sand at those spots is black sand, which means that when the water is a little more choppy, the sand gets stirred up and visibility isn't so good.

I didn't like Blue Lagoon and Padangbai as the corals were dead, though there was a lot of fish.

Here is a list of places where you can snorkel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294226-c55509/Bali:I…

Good Luck.

6. Re: a day of snorkelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 20, 2009