We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Right Hotel

Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Right Hotel

We (a family with 3 young children) are going to Bali in Dec. I've been searching for a hotel by the beach, so that the kids will have some fun time by the sea. As for me, I do not want to miss out the great shopping opportunties that I have heard so much about in Bali. Budget around USD60 - 70.

We also plan to organise some day tour while we are there.

Any recommendation and contacts would be appreciated.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
266 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Right Hotel

Hi, I am planning my first trip back to Bali in 10yrs and I have to agree trying to choose somewhere to stay was daunting to say the least. I will also be travelling with 3 kids and want more than 1 toilet and a couple of TV's sO I can sleep in mornings !!

I have booked some of the Jayakarta private apartments as a friend recommended them and you cant beat personnal referral i always think. Aparently the hotel ones are a little grotty but the ones owned privately are beautifully decked out and full of equipment.

I have 2 x 1brm apartments and there is 2 toilets and 4 Tv's and 4 DVD players between them with interconnecting doors and sperate bedroom from the TV/living room....to me that is a home away from home !!

Anyway i found it on a website directed there by my neighbour and is called www.puketoki.com its a new zealand couple and the pictures on their website of the apartments look great. A soooo cheap too compared to some prices i was quoted for hotels.

anyway i havent been yet but i cant wait so everyone check them out.

cheers Deb

Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: The Right Hotel

Dear Sylviacym,

Do you mean the budget is for the 5 of you or per room? As you might need 2 bedroom.

End of December is high season, so the rates for the room could be around US$ 15-US$20 higher than the usual rate.

You could get a room at Jayakarta around your budget, but not the apartment. The room is older, the apartment is newer. The hotel rooms are closer to the pool and beach, while the apartments are further than the parking lots, so if you'd like to have a room on the ground floor and give an easy access for the kids to go to the pool, then the apartment is less convenient.

If you let me know your dates of stay then I might be able to give you some recomendation about the hotels.

Hope this helps,

13. Re: The Right Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, September 10, 2009