We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront hotel on kuta / legian ?

Qatar
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beachfront hotel on kuta / legian ?

Hi, m intending to make a 5 day trip to Bali with a friend. Would anyone be able to suggest a reasonably good hotel right on the beach. My budget is sumwhere around 50 - 60 $. Last time around i had stayed at the bali dynasty wich i found too noisy n a bit of a walk to the beach. Mebbe sumthing right on the beach would be great like the Kartika plaza but it is too expensive. hope u guys come up with sumthing to bail me out...really desperate fer a break now.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront hotel on kuta / legian ?

Bali Garden Hotel. The pool is right on the beach. Inna Kuta is on the beach also. Both in Kuta.

Legian Beach Hotel, Mandira Hotel Both in Legian. Not sure of prices but cheaper than Kartika.

Bali Garden would be the cheapest of these. It's a budget hotel with nice pool. Just ask for rooms at the back. The ones near the road are noisy.

Qatar
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront hotel on kuta / legian ?

Thanx fer the prompt reply. Now in the mean time i tried getting in touch with a few hotels on that strech. And the hotels r offering sum competitive rates considering it is season time.

Bali Garden Hotel is offering 53 $ with breakfast n tax inclusive and pelangi Bali hotel and spa is offering us 60 $ per nite with the same. And discovery kartika plaza is up for 85 $ wich is on the higher end. I am getting dis discounted rate on the condition dat i am an airline crew. so most of the hotels in bali r willing to come down by atleast 15 % of their normal discounted rate. I was jus goin thru the old posts in the forum n came across contradicting remarks about the bali garden hotel...eeeeee more confusion !!!And to add to it m traveling with my partner so i want it to be really special fer him as its his 1st time anywhere out of india.

Wondering if u or anyone else had a gud time at any of the hotels lining the beach side n pretty happy with the service tooo..please post it here....would luv to chek it n giv it a go.

Geelong, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront hotel on kuta / legian ?

Try the Melasi Beach Resort in Legian. Right on the beach and very reasonably priced. Great Pools, Great staff.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,975 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront hotel on kuta / legian ?

hi try kumala pantai hotel at legian. beautiful hotel. their restaurant

'the sands' has extremely good food at great prices. it's great to see the action on the beach and watch the sunset from the restaurant. free wifi at restaurant.

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
412 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront hotel on kuta / legian ?

Hi

Try Hotel Puri Raja Legian on beach had renovations in 2006 now even better. Nice rooms great service, pool, food. Nice and quiet but only have to walk out front gate to hit the shops, pubs, clubs, resturants, it's all there.

Goodluck

colorado
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront hotel on kuta / legian ?

I found the hotel Jakarta a great place to stay in this area. The beach is right outside the hotel wall, which keeps away the vendors when you want peqace. There are excellent bars and restaurants within a few blocks both along the beach and inlnd.

australia
Level Contributor
289 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachfront hotel on kuta / legian ?

kumala panti is definately the way to go. Check out www.baliforfamilies it recommends this hotel

Qatar
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Beachfront hotel on kuta / legian ?

thank u fer all the tips. the kumala panti....on wich section of the rad is it. On legian or kuta or further up ? pls if sum one cud lemme kno....

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,975 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beachfront hotel on kuta / legian ?

hi, i suggested the kumala pantai in my previous post to your question. the address is

JL Werdudara legian Kaja Kuta.

email is

kumalapt@indosat.net.id

website

www.kumalapantai.com

this hotel is only a short distance from the action in kuta however it has a quiet relaxing atmosphere around the rooms, pool and beautiful gardens. the restaurant 'the sands' faces the beach front and is a terrific spot to enjoy cocktails, have a delicious meal and watch the sunset. there are plenty of other restaurants along the beachfront strip here which are very popular. so the dining is great and the prices very good. you can also walk out the entrance to the hotel and wander around shops and even more places to eat in legian. there are a large variety of rooms at the hotel.

Jl werdudara is actually the street you enter the hotel and the hotel stretches from this street right through to the beach where the restaurant is.

if you wanted to go to the nightclubs in kuta you would be best to get a taxi, (very cheap).

basically the area goes tuban, kuta, legian and then seminyak. these 4 'areas' are all very close together.

if you want an affordable hotel in a beautiful setting on the beach then this one is worth considering. the beach itself is busy with lots of holiday makers and locals.

i hope this helps.

i havent had a chance to do a review of this hotel. we enjoyed some great meals at the restaurant and the prices were very good.

i hope this helps!

Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beachfront hotel on kuta / legian ?

If you are airline crew have you tried some interline websites that have contracts out with the hotels.

For instance through ID90 dot com or ideals dot co dot uk both have some great rates in Bali and specilise in airline staff travel bookings. Most times you are booking with the hotel direct but the sites are giving you contacts and direct links to hotel websites with contract numbers in place etc etc.

I know the Mecure at Kuta does a great rate for Airline staff.

Also check nonrev dot net for advice from other airline crew.

Hope this is of help.