We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon at Four Season Jimbaran Bay

Cambridge, England
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon at Four Season Jimbaran Bay

We are thinking to stay at the four seasons jimbaran bay for our honeymoon next june.

Is it recommended?

Will 14nights be too much?

Can anyone recommend any restaurants nearby,both on the beach and in the town?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
187 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon at Four Season Jimbaran Bay

Four seasons Jimbaran is one of the nicest resorts in the Jimbaran/Nusa Dua/Kuta area, and June is a very nice time to visit Bali as the weather is a bit cooler than normal. As far as whether or not it is recommended, I guess it depends on what your interests are (shopping? relaxing away from everyone? exploring local sights?). Jimbaran is a drive away from the bustle of Kuta/Seminyak where most of the shopping and night life is. The resort itself is quite high quality, you'll definitely enjoy the accommodation and the service. The beach at the 4 seasons is nice with a direct view of the airport across the bay (believe it or not, watching planes come and go can actually be quite fun, and the noise is not an issue).

You can spend a lifetime in Bali and still not run out of things to do/see, so 14 days is not too much.

However, if you are staying 14 days in Bali why not spend some time in the highlands as well, instead of a full 2 weeks on the beach? My recommendation would be to spend some time in Ubud; 4 Seasons has a resort there too (4 Seasons at Sayan); Amandari is another exclusive resort of the same caliber.

There is a row of beach-front seafood restaurants within walking distance from the 4 Season Jimbaran. In Ubud, Mosaic is a must (see other posts in this forum). There are TONS of good restaurants in Bali, you might want to check some of the earlier posts in this forum for some other suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Bali
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon at Four Season Jimbaran Bay

Congratulations for your upcoming wedding. My honeymoon holiday was 6 weeks and thinking that it was not enough :-)

The closest restaurant to 4S is just various grilled sea food restaurants along Jimbaran Bay. You should stay at Seminyak for restaurants options, as well as Ubud is good for restaurants options.

Mentioned in this post
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Cambridge, England
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon at Four Season Jimbaran Bay

Thanks for your replies, found them useful.

Guess the towns are not too far away to get there & back by taxi should we wish to venture out....sounds like the beach restaurants are not so good.

Any idea whether the 4S upgrades honeymoon couples as a matter of course?

Bali
Level Contributor
535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon at Four Season Jimbaran Bay

I don't think so as 4S is a very high demand for honeymooners, but you might try, nothing to loose.

Cambridge, England
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon at Four Season Jimbaran Bay

Thanks for the advice.

Have had a minor problem in that we might need to move the honeymoon to 1st week of October, how is the weather in Jimbaran Bay at that time?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon at Four Season Jimbaran Bay

Hi the weather in October is lovely. It will be warmer but not too hot like Dec/Jan. In July this year it was actually quite cool. This was the coolest I've ever been in Bali. Of a night I had to wear a cardigan and my daughter carried her jumper everywhere (she feels the cold). I'm used to having a swim after dinner. This is the first trip where it didn't happen.

Some of the seafood stalls at Jimbaran are great but you need to be careful of freshness and cheating scales. Tip -carry a bottle of water and put it on the scale to see if it's acurate.

Got to Seminyak a few nights for great dining. Check out the Semynyak inside pages (dining) for a list of restaurants.

If you want to do some tours my advice would be to get some brochures from your hotel and check their prices (which will be expensive I bet). Go to Kuta/Legian and bargain for better prices.

Another tip. When shopping and locals ask where you are staying don't say 4 seasons. Say a cheaper hotel. If they think you are staying there they will think you are rich and bargain accordingly.

Have a great honeymoon.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Legian
Legian
Kuta District, Indonesia
perth
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon at Four Season Jimbaran Bay

The resort is quite run down, there is a new Bulgari resort which has opened which may be better. The Bale in Nusa Dua is beautiful too. Having travelled to Bali over 14 times in the last 2 years and been married in Bali we like to go and look at all the resorts. We normally stay at The Legian in Seminyak which is in a great spot and has heaps of good restaurants around. The Club at The Legian is more suitable for a honeymoon. I do reccommend splitting it thought and spending 10 days in Seminyak or Jimbiran and 4 days in Ubud. Como hotel in Ubud is great.

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Legian
Legian
Kuta District, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
187 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon at Four Season Jimbaran Bay

Halla2k,

One thing to keep in mind, the Eid al-Fitr (end of Ramadhan) holiday in 2007 is the 2nd week of October (they're estimating it to be October 11-13, I think). Bali does get VERY crowded a few days before and a week after the holiday, especially the hotels/restaurants/shops in Jimbaran, Nusa Dua, and Kuta areas. It shouldn't stop you from coming, but since it's your honeymoon you might want to pick places that might be more secluded from the crowd (which will be predominantly Indonesian and tend to prefer the southern part of the island).

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon at Four Season Jimbaran Bay

Hi Halla2K, the only drawback is to reach the beach, one has manoeuvre oneself on stepped stone causeway.Do not go on barefoot.(there is one portion, after a pavillion, which I felt was rather steep the gradient, close to hugging the cliff).

Otherwise, all its appointed villas surround an inner courtyard with an ocean view from its plunge pool.

It does boasts of having one of the best spas on the island.

It does have four restaurants, but as advised in previous threads, indulge in those grilled seafood--best to get a local guide to book and watch out for those weighing scales and the scale plate is empty (one wonders if its get periodical calibrating).

A word of advice, even in Four Seasons, cautious on salads, cut fruits, and drinking water

You may want to split, if practical, to Four Seasons Resort Sayan in Ubud where art and culture- the heart of Bali is.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
10. Re: Honeymoon at Four Season Jimbaran Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 19, 2009