We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manicure and Pedicure

Which Jimbaran hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Manicure and Pedicure

Looking for a place in the Jimbaran/Nusa Dua area for regular mani and pedis...dont really want to pay hotel spa prices. Thanks

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
98 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manicure and Pedicure

Chances are you walk down the street and find one. Just go inside and ask about prices. Don't commit till you see the place and best to ask someone leaving. Also if any man standing out front.. don't go in. They take a cut of the girls money. Expect to pay about 50 000 1 hour Balinese massage and 60 000 for pedicure, cream bath etc.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,630 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manicure and Pedicure

It's a bit hit and miss with manicures and pedicures in Bali. Sometimes you'll find a place that's great, go back next visit and it's woeful. We've even had a couple of situations where a cheeky girl has wanted to give my husband a "happy massage" while I was sitting there. This is in the Sanur area where it's supposed to be "family friendly", so it can happen anywhere.

You also need to ensure that the equipment is steralised between procedures because sometimes your skin can get nicked with a pedicure and you can end up with an infection. Don't want to frighten you, but it's best to make sure.

Edited: 3:43 am, September 16, 2012
Perth West Australia
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Manicure and Pedicure

Oppisite the Intercontinental in Jimbaran is a place named La Fausta's.

Great Manicure and Pedicures at around Rp45000 ea. Less than A$5!

We always have at least two there every visit - that's 4 to 6 times each year.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manicure and Pedicure

How did you get on with the Manicure and Pedicures? Any worthy recommendations?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,630 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manicure and Pedicure

Hi Wenb, I was hoping for some updated information in the Sanur area also. We're going in May and my nails badly need a good seeing to, but I really don't want to bother going to a spa because I don't want to do all the other stuff that often goes along with it in such places.

Hope we both get a reply from one of the Bali gurus.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manicure and Pedicure

Hi travel kat,

I'm going up on the 27th for a week so I'll post if a find a goodie.

:)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,630 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manicure and Pedicure

Many thanks Wenb. I'd be most grateful if you would do that. We don't go until mid May.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manicure and Pedicure

I had a pedicure and a blow dry and my husband had a 1 1/2 hr massage yesterday at Island Beauty which is across from the Intercontinental. Total bill was $30 for both of us :) Tonight we went back for 1 hr massages for both of us $7.50 each. Definitely recommended.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,630 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manicure and Pedicure

Many thanks for that info. Did they do a good job on the pedicure? I've found that most of the girls in Bali we've been to don't seem to manage the pedicure other than just clipping, shaping and putting on polish.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manicure and Pedicure

Hi,

Just an update regarding previous post..we found to a good value spa just opposite the Intercontinental entrance- Island Spa. I had an excellent facial and a very thorough pedicure while my husband had a massage there all for $20 for 1 1/2 hours. While it wasnt a 'zen' eperience with marble and rose petals etc it was clean and tidy. It does have a bit of traffic noice but you would get that with most places close to the road. I had a girl called Diah who was lovely.

There are quite a few Spas along that road and around the shopping centre at Jimbaran Corner. Enjoy your visit to Bali.