We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali in March?

Dartford, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Bali in March?

I am considering visiting Bali in March but am wondering if I should be concerned about the "wet season" from what I've read it usually rains at night & the days are still warm & sunny.....can anyone confirm this?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,033 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali in March?

hi,

March is still the rain season but towards the end. Rain can occur during the day as well as during the night.

Usually one downpour for a while then back to semi cloudy or sunny. It is still warm and quite humid as you might guess so it's not easy to get used to coming from around here.

The thing is lately the weather has been strange in Bali, some blame La Nina.

The wet season from last winter started quite late and lasted until.... well hopefully it will end next April.

It has been wet-ish all year this year.

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali in March?

The answer to this question used to be simple - the wet season starts in November and ends about March, unfortunately the weather patterns are changing and it is not so easy to forecast.

At the moment it is quite rainy in Bali - quite early for the wet season to start so maybe it will be over by March.

I have been in Bali many times in the middle of the wet season and had excellent weather.

Bali is magical no matter what the weather - relax and enjoy.

The weather varies greatly over a short distance - yesterday in Ubud it was fine and sunny yet in Kuta it had rained quite a bit.

You are correct, even in the wet season it does not usually rain all day. Frequently it rains in the night and the days are clear. Often the rain is short but VERY heavy.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,696 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali in March?

Don't worry, just take an umbrella (too hot for raincoats) and waterproof shoes (crocs or thongs etc).

Still hot and steamy.

Still good.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali in March?

Were going in March!! I’ve been in January & December & yep it rains but its lovely!!! Humid so you want it to rain, you dry out in no time, personally I don’t think you need an umbrella. Enjoy it!!! If you don’t like rain then it may not be a great time.

5. Re: Bali in March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, January 18, 2011
SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali in March?

Isn't the previous post advertising?

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,737 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali in March?

Yep - someone doesn't understand "No advertising or solicitation of any kind".

You'd be surprised at how often people don't understand these words.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali in March?

Well why doesn't someone else hit the well known button, if not already??

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,737 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bali in March?

Patience my friend :)

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts