We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Perth, Western...
4 posts
Save Topic
Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Can you recommend a favourite seafood restaurant on Jimbaran Bay?

Perth
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
91. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Thank you for your suggestion of Lia's. I was hoping to go to two of the restaurants there but may end up running out of time. I was looking into Menega's as that one has also featured well. Have you been there and if so, how would you (or anyone else on Tripadvisor) compare the two as I may only have the opportunity for one of them?

Kind regards, Kelly

Singapore
Level Contributor
269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
92. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

No I’ve not been to Menega’s but at TA Lia Cafe Reviews - read of a recent bad review of Menega’s from some reviewer who’s been to both and preferred Lia Cafe - I think it’s after Pg 4-5 of the Lia Cafe Reviews here

From local travel blogs Lia Cafe has been highly recommended - believe it has the most reasonable pricing due to the fact that it’s non-commissinable to all the taxi-drivers - insist to be brought to Lia Cafe as the drivers would come up with all kinds of excuses NOT to bring you there

Perth
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
93. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Thank you very much Joanna for your useful advice. kindest regards, Kelly

Lismore, Australia
Level Contributor
297 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
94. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

So, where do you suggest? We are going to Bali next week and it will be our first time. We just want to not be ripped off and have nice food- we are not particularly fussy or wanting " only the best"

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
95. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Jimbaran Bay is more for ambience and hopefully a decent sunset rather than great food. Getting ripped off is relative, you probably will pay more than you should for seafood there, but if many here have recommended Lia's , then maybe that's the one you should try.

Lismore, Australia
Level Contributor
297 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
96. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Are there other eateries in Nusa Dua area that would be better?

Oba
Ontario
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
97. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

we have always enjoyed "SHARKEYS " . But there are more than a dozen restaurants with a 1 km stretch. Sharkeys will pick you up from your hotel and return you as well. Best advice is to check at your hotel for other recommendations. Jimbaran Bay has great sunsets and fresh seafood (you pick your own from a tank) and you can eat right on the beach

Perth, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
98. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

JImbaran Bay - Go to Lias. The best seafood in Jimbaran Bay .

Seminyak - Go to Meriah Putah , Gingermoon , Mammasan , Sarong for dinners

Sunset at Ku De Ta.

Kentucky
1 post
Save Reply
99. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Stay away from this place. They scam you on everything. Their service is terrible, their food stinks and the service is lousy even though they charge you around 20 percent for tax and service. I took a group of 10 people there and was embarrassed to death. We did not get our food on time and at the same time. They brought food for five people and forgot to bring the rest of the food for the other five. We had to see the manager and they agreed to give us some discount on the food. They try to keep you waiting so you spend more money on their overpriced drinks. We ended up paying twice more for drinks than food. This surely was a low point in our trip to Bali.

Be careful when you order fish, because the price that is listed on the menu is for 100g. When you order fish they will ask you to go with them and choose a fish in their store and when the bill come is usually trifold, because the fish that you chose was more than 100g. Never heard or see anything like this anywhere else. A driver told me that here in Bali we have the mentality that people in the west are not working for their money therefore scamming them is justified.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,044 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
100. Re: Jimbaran Bay Seafood Restaurants

Hosva,

would you mind telling us which restaurant you went to ?